Frozen Butternut Squash Cubes In The Air Fryer
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Do you ever find yourself in the middle of a busy weeknight with no idea what to make for dinner? If so, this recipe is perfect for you! Frozen butternut squash cubes are cooked in the air fryer and will take just 10 minutes. This dish has tons of vitamins and nutrients that your family needs to stay healthy. Plus it’s super easy to make! So next time you need a quick dinner, give this recipe a try!
If you haven’t noticed on this blog, I am all about making easy recipes that are healthy and yet quick to make. My family is always on the go, which always makes our weekdays (and weekends if I’m honest) really busy.
But, even then, I still want to make sure I am able to cook up some dishes that are yummy, healthy, and don’t take a lot of time to make. That’s why I love to keep frozen meals and veggies stocked up in my fridge.
Some of my go-to’s are:
For today’s post, I am going to show you how to cook up some frozen butternut squash cubes in the air fryer… in just under 10 minutes! Cooking this frozen veggie up in the air fryer gives them a nice crisp on the outside but still tender and soft on the inside.
Note: If you don’t own an air fryer, this is the model I recommend the most. I can’t live without it!
How To Cook Frozen Butternut Squash In The Air Fryer
To make the butternut squash cubes, start off by spraying the inside of the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil.
Pour the bag of frozen veggies into the air fryer basket. Make sure they are laid out in an even layer and not stacked up on top of each other so they all cook evenly.
Cook the frozen butternut squash cubes in the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
Remove the cooked butternut squash from the air fryer and add some seasonings of your choice (I like maple syrup and cinnamon).
- If they are not cooked through, put them back in the air fryer for an additional 5-10 minutes (the exact cooking time depends on how big are the diced cubes of squash, which varies among the brands).
- As far as seasonings go, you can always stick with the classic salt and pepper. It’s delicious! You can also add a dash of paprika to give them a bit of kick to mellow out the sweetness of the squash.
What To Serve With Air-Fried Butternut Squash
This dish is perfect as a side for chicken breasts or even as a main vegetarian meal. I like to make a whole round roast in the Instant Pot to eat during the week and make some quick sides dishes to go along with during the week. I usually make these butternut squash cubes along with some:
You can also toss the roasted butternut squash into a salad for a more wholesome meal. I bet it would taste great in this broccoli apple salad with sunflower seeds and raisins!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe for air-fried butternut squash cubes, you should try these other air fryer recipes. It’s super easy to make for a healthy dinner side dish.
These are some of my go-to air fryer recipes that I make all of the time!
- Frozen Apple Turnovers In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Pizza Bagel Bites
- Jimmy Dean Pancake And Sausage On A Stick In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Uncrustables
- Frozen Chicken Fries In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 lb frozen cubed butternut squash
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil.
- Put frozen cubed butternut squash in the air fryer.
- Cook frozen butternut squash in the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time. If not cooked through, put it back in the air fryer for an additional 5-10 minutes (the exact cooking time depends on how big are the diced cubes of squash, which varies among the brands).
- Remove cooked butternut squash from the air fryer and add seasonings of your choice (I like maple syrup and cinnamon).
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash Fries
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Air Fryer Fresh Butternut Squash (Not Frozen)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!