This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This air fryer butternut squash is so healthy and delicious! Perfectly roasted butternut squash cubes are super easy to make thanks to the Air Fryer!
Look at these delicious roasted orange butternut squash pieces! They are just begging to jump into your mouth!
Air fryer butternut squash is nicely browned and crispy on the outside, and soft and tender on the inside. Bite into these delicious roasted squash cubes, they taste so good!
Before I got my air fryer, I always used the oven to roast butternut squash and I have a recipe for that on my site. So if you don’t own an air fryer, check out my oven roasted butternut squash cubes recipe.
How To Cook Butternut Squash Cubes In The Air Fryer
The first step would be to cut butternut squash into 1-inch cubes. You can buy butternut squash already pre-cut, or save the money as cut it yourself as pre-sliced produce is always overpriced. See my simple step-by-step tutorial with photos of each step: how to cut butternut squash.
Next, toss butternut squash cubes with 1 tbsp olive oil. If you like your squash to be sweeter, you can also toss it with 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup (or you can add maple syrup to taste before serving, after the squash has already been cooked). Butternut squash goes really well with cinnamon, so you can also sprinkle it with cinnamon before or after roasting.
Next, place oiled butternut squash cubes into the air fryer basket. Cook in the air fryer for 17 minutes or until desired doneness, shaking the basket halfway through. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Butternut Squash
This roasted butternut squash makes an awesome side dish for any type of meat, chicken or fish dishes. Here are some great healthy main dishes to go with it:
- Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Parmesan Baked Salmon
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
You can also add these roasted butternut squash cubes to salads – they make a yummy addition to any of my healthy salad recipes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer butternut squash, you will also love these easy air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Roasted Eggplant – these spicy garlic eggplant pieces are amazing! So crispy and addictive!
- Air Fryer Chicken Quesadillas – these crispy chicken quesadillas are always a hit! Who’d ever think of making quesadillas in the air fryer? :)
- Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower – crunchy roasted cauliflower always turns out so well in the air fryer!
- Air Fryer Meatballs – meatballs from scratch in 20 minutes are made possible thanks to the air fryer!
Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Toss butternut squash cubes with olive oil and cinnamon and put in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400F for 17 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.