This Instant Pot buckwheat is always perfectly cooked and fluffy without any effort! Buckwheat (also knows as “kasha” or “grechka”) is a nutritious grain-like seed that is gluten-free, and makes a perfect healthy side dish!
If you are new to buckwheat, this preparation method is the perfect way to give it a whirl. Taking just fifteen minutes, this recipe for Instant Pot Buckwheat is easy to make and comes out perfect every time. Buckwheat makes a great side dish. It is a wonderful alternative to your usual rice or potato and couldn’t be any easier to prepare.
An added bonus? Buckwheat is gluten-free! Buckwheat, also known as “kasha” or “Russian grechka” is so easy to make and comes out perfectly using your Instant Pot.
To make this quick and easy recipe all you need is a cup of buckwheat, water, and salt. That is it! If you want to cook more or less buckwheat, this recipe still works! You just keep the ratio of water to buckwheat the same. The ratio for Instant Pot buckwheat is 1 cup to buckwheat to 1 3/4 cups of water. No need to alter the cooking time!
One cup of buckwheat serves four, so you can decide how much to make in your instant pot based on your needs. I love recipes that are versatile! This Instant Pot Buckwheat is sure to come out perfectly whether you cook one cup, a half a cup, or two cups! It is a winner every single time!
To make this Instant Pot Buckwheat, you’ll add the water, buckwheat, and salt to your Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a sealing position. Press the “Manual” button and set the time to twelve minutes on High pressure. That is basically it. When you buckwheat is done cooking, quick release the steam and give your buckwheat kasha a little fluff with a fork. It is ready to serve!
I love this method for cooking buckwheat. No need for pots and pans and lids. I don’t have to worry about my water boiling over and I don’t need to fret about the buckwheat sticking to the bottom of the pan. This recipe for Instant Pot Buckwheat comes out perfectly every time! It is as easy as it is tasty and that makes it a win in my book! I am sure you’ll love this fool-proof method as much as I do!
If you like Instant Pot buckwheat, you will also love these easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Quinoa – so tender and fluffy, you can cook quinoa easily by using this method.
- Instant Pot Brown Rice – ready in half the time compared to the stove, this brown rice comes out perfect!
- Instant Pot White Rice – you can throw out your rice cooker now that you got an Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Beef Stew – throw beef, potatoes, carrots and onions in the Instant Pot and you’ve got a mouthwatering stew for dinner!
- Instant Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls – cabbage rolls made easy! Same taste with no work! This is the cabbage roll for lazy people :)
Instant Pot Buckwheat
- 1 cups buckwheat
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- Add water, buckwheat and salt to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 12 minutes on High pressure.
- When it's done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam. Fluff cooked buckwheat with fork and serve.