This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This quick and easy sauteed green beans recipe is so amazing! It’s the perfect healthy side dish that takes just 10 minutes to make and is also low carb, gluten-free, and keto friendly!
Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
Pan frying takes a simple healthy vegetable like green beans and turns them into a savory side that your whole family will love! The sauteed green beans are so flavorful and cook up so tender, yet still crisp in just a matter of minutes. They are so delicious and are sure to soon become your new favorite green vegetable!
The recipe is super simple and uses basic seasonings like salt, pepper, and garlic powder. But you can use any seasonings you like, which makes this sauteed green beans recipe really versatile and easy to customize according to your taste.
This side dish is a fantastic delicious addition to all your favorite dinners and good for you too!
Health Benefits of Green Beans
Not only are they delicious, but green beans are good for you too. They are high in both vitamin K and calcium, which are important nutrients that are needed to maintain healthy strong bones. Green beans also have a lot of fiber in them that helps to support digestion and gut health. Not to mention, they are full of antioxidants that work to support the immune system and vitamin B, which helps in reducing depression.
How to Make This Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
This recipe is very simple and only requires a few ingreidents. I like to use packaged green beans that have already been washed and trimmed, but you can use unpackaged green beans too.
To begin, if you did opt to use green beans that aren’t prepackaged you’ll want to wash and trim them before you start. Also, it’s a good idea to pat them dry to remove the excess water. This will help the green beans to saute better and brown more evenly.
Leftover sauteed green beans will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days when covered or kept in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. To reheat, just cover them and pop them in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium power. You can also heat them in the oven on a sheet pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes.
These sauteed green beans are so delicious and easy to make. They are the perfect side for any meat or pasta dish. Here are some ideas to inspire your taste buds.
- Pesto Pasta With Chicken
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon Steak
- Frozen Chicken Kiev In The Air Fryer
- Baked Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Frozen Ravioli
- Baked Tilapia With Lemon Garlic Butter
More Easy Vegetable Recipes
If you loved this recipe for sauteed green beans then you’ll want to check out some more of my easy vegetable recipes. These are some of my favorites that go wonderfully well alongside any main course.
- Fresh Steamed Spinach In The Instant Pot
- Pan Fried Zucchini
- How To Saute Broccoli
- Pan Fried Bean Sprouts
- Spicy Zucchini In The Air Fryer
Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Wash and trim the green beans. Then pat dry.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and then add the fresh green beans.
- Sprinkle the green beans with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to season.
- Turn the heat on to high and then wait until the oil starts to sizzle.
- Once the oil is sizzling, toss the green beans around and flip them over in the pan to saute. Then cover the frying pan with a lid and reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Uncover the green beans after 5 minutes and move them around the pan with a spatula to saute. Then raise the heat to medium-high and cook the green beans uncovered for another 2 to 5 minutes again moving them around the pan often to evenly brown. The green beans are done when you are happy with the texture. If you like your green beans more well cooked it will take closer to 5 minutes. If you like your green beans still a tad crisp it tends to only take an additional 2 minutes.
- When done, transfer the green beans to a serving dish and enjoy!
- Scrambled Eggs In The Air Fryer
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Cake With Almond Flour
- Chicken Drumsticks In The Instant Pot