This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Looking for a special dinner that doesn’t take too long to prepare but is sure to impress? Try this air fried filet mignon steak recipe! Air fried filet mignon steaks are so delicious and will be perfectly cooked!
Air Fryer Filet Mignon Steaks
If you’ve never tried cooking filet mignon before because you were intimidated, don’t skip this recipe! By using the air fryer, you will get perfectly cooked filet mignon without any hassle!
All you need to do is season the steak to your liking, and pop it in the air fryer to cook. It will be done in no time at all.
This is the perfect dish for a date night at home if you want to impress your significant other. Imagine biting into these mouthwatering steaks! It turns out so tender and juicy!
You can follow the recipe exactly, or experiment with your own seasonings if you like. I use salt, pepper, and garlic powder on mine to keep it simple.
Note that this recipe is for medium-well done steaks. If you like your steak rare, you can cook it for a few less minutes in the air fryer, such as 10 or 11 minutes instead. Alternatively, if you prefer more well done steak, cook it for a few extra minutes, such as 13 or 14. It all depends on your personal preference!
How to Cook Filet Mignon Steaks in the Air Fryer
These are super easy to cook! You only need a handful of ingredients to get started.
Here is what you will need:
- Your Air fryer
- Two filet mignon steaks
- Garlic powder
- Non-stick cooking oil spray
Now the first step is to lightly spray the air fryer basket with the non-stick cooking spray to prevent the steak from sticking. Or, you can lightly brush the basket with olive or vegetable oil.
Next you will season the steaks. Sprinkle on the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste, on each side of the filet mignon.
Then place them in the air fryer side by side so they are not touching or on top of each other.
Then set the air fryer temperature to 400F for 12 minutes.
Halfway through cooking, take out the air fryer basket and use a spatula to flip the filet mignon over to the other side. This will ensure even browning on both sides of the steaks.
Then return the basket to the air fryer and let it continue cooking.
When finished, remove steaks with a spatula on to a serving plate. Before cutting, let the filet mignon sit for about 5 minutes to let the juices reabsorb evenly.
Then serve warm and enjoy with your favorite sides!
What to Serve with Filet Mignon Steaks
These steaks are such a decadent main course! I would recommend serving the filet mignon with some light sides such as vegetables or mashed potatoes. Here are some of my suggestions below:
- Easy Smashed Potatoes Recipe With Fresh Herbs
- Spinach Strawberry Feta Salad Recipe
- Spinach Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
- Spicy Garlic Sesame Sauteed Kale
- Simple Salad With Lettuce, Tomato and Onion
And if you have leftover steak, you can make my Easy Steak Salad Recipe!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe for air fryer filet mignon steak, be sure to explore my other easy air fryer recipes! I have a lot to choose from, whether its breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- Air Fryer Almond Flour Breaded Chicken – Keto Low Carb
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sausage And Peppers
- Air Fryer Whole Fish Recipe
- Air Fryer Whole Cauliflower
Air Fryer Filet Mignon Steaks
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- First spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Then season both sides of the steak by sprinkling on salt, pepper, and garlic powder or any other seasonings you love with steak.
- Then place the steaks in the air fryer basket next to each other but not touching.
- Set the temperature to 400F and the time to 12 minutes.
- After 6 minutes of cooking, remove the basket from the air fryer. Use a spatula to flip the steaks over.
- Return the basket to the air fryer and let it finish cooking.
- When done, take out the steaks and place on a serving plate. Let them rest before cutting for at least 5 minutes so the juices can reabsorb evenly.