This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
The air fryer is perfect for making chicken taste amazing without added carbs! So easy to make in the air fryer – you will love this air fryer almond flour breaded chicken cutlets!
Air Fryer Almond Flour Breaded Chicken
This recipe uses almond flour instead of bread crumbs, making this breaded chicken low carb and perfect for a keto diet! The air fryer makes it so crispy, there’s no need for deep frying!
By cooking breaded chicken in the air fryer, you are able to get that roasted golden brown exterior as well as that juicy, tender interior we all love. Using a few simple spices as a seasoning, this recipe for air fryer almond flour chicken is sure to be a winner!
Seasoning Combos To Add To Almond Flour Breaded Chicken
While the seasoning I mentioned in the recipe below is my go-to, there are a few different seasoning ideas I like to keep in rotation for some added variety…
- Lemon: Another favorite! All you need to do is squeeze a few lemons.
- Paprika: Sprinkle on some paprika in addition to the other seasonings.
- Harissa: Add a bit of harissa spice powder to your chicken before cooking for a spicy kick!
Don’t have an air fryer? Try cooking these chicken breasts in the Instant Pot instead!
How To Make Almond Flour Breaded Chicken Breast In The Air Fryer
Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Pour almond flour onto a plate and then break an egg into a bowl for dipping.
Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add any other seasonings as desired.
Then dip the chicken into the egg wash, making sure to coat both sides. Next dip into the almond flour to coat the chicken evenly. Repeat with the other cutlet.
Add the chicken cutlets into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Cook at 400F for 10 minutes, flipping the chicken over halfway through to cook evenly on both sides. Once done, test with an internal thermometer to make sure chicken has reached a minimum of 165F.
Serve hot and enjoy!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Cutlets
When I cook up a whole batch of these air fryer chicken cutlets, I like to plan out a few different side dishes to serve with it.
Sometimes, I’ll simply chop them up and add them to my Greek chicken salad jars I like to meal prep for my weekly lunches. For dinner, I like to make some healthy sauteed zucchini and crispy sweet potato fries. Yum!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this recipe for air fried almond flour breaded chicken, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some other recipes I love to make:
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops
- Chicken Fajitas In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon Recipe
Air Fryer Almond Flour Breaded Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken Breast sliced into thin cutlets
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour some almond flour on a plate.
- Crack egg into bowl and whisk.
- Season chicken by sprinkling salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Flip and season other side.
- Dip chicken in the egg on both sides. Then dip in almond flour, pressing so it sticks on both sides. Repeat.
- Place the chicken in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Set temperature to 400F for 10 minutes.
- Halfway through, remove the basket and flip the chicken to the other side.
- Put the basket back in the air fryer and let it finish cooking.
- Remove basket and use thermometer to check temperature. Internal temperature of chicken should be at least 165F. If the chicken is not cooked through, place back in air fryer and cook it for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets