This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Just mix 5 simple ingredients, pour into a cake pan, and bake for 30 minutes! This healthy apple cake is so easy to make, anyone can make it, even if you are not an experienced baker!
Healthy Gluten-Free Apple Cake with Almond Flour
This cake is made with very simple and healthy ingredients. No flour, no gluten; this apple cake uses almond flour and tastes amazing! There isn’t even any oil in it!
Cake for breakfast? Yes please! This almond flour gluten-free apple cake is perfect for a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert! Your family will love it. Or you can make it as a treat for a special event or share at a potluck!
If you find yourself with an abundance of apples, this is the perfect cake to make.
Health Benefits of Apples
Apples are very nutritious, especially the skin! If you want to get the most benefits from your apples, don’t bother peeling them.
They are full of fiber, antioxidants called polyphenols, and Vitamin C! They also contain a high amount of water, making them a filling snack and low in calories.
Apples are a great fruit to help you reduce your weight if replacing processed food with whole foods.
How to Prepare this Gluten-Free Apple Cake with Almond Flour
This apple cake is quite easy to make! You will only need 5 ingredients and a cake pan!
You can feel free to peel the apples if you want to, but I like to leave the peel on mine for added nutrition.
Here is what you will need:
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 and 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Apples, diced
First make sure to pre-heat your oven to 400F so it will be ready to go when the cake is prepped.
Next you will crack 4 eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk these well.
Then add 1/4 cup honey and mix together.
Next add the almond flour and baking powder. Stir well to combine.
Finally, add in the apples and stir.
Then you will spray the cake pan with some non-stick cooking spray to keep the cake from sticking.
Pour in the batter and smooth it out so it is evenly distributed in the pan.
Place the cake in the oven for 30 minutes to bake.
When done, it will be golden brown on top but still moist inside from all the apples!
Let it cool for at least 5 minutes after removing from the oven and before serving.
What to Serve with Gluten-Free Apple Cake
Yum! This cake is so delicious on its own, especially on a cozy fall or winter day. I love to have mine as a snack or dessert with some tea or coffee. Or you could serve with some ice cream!
Check out my recommendations below for some ideas:
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream (Dairy-Free, Vegan, Paleo)
- Easy Ice Cream Dessert Recipe With Warm Roasted Figs And Hazelnuts
- Tea With Lemon And Honey
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
- How To Make Coffee In A Coffee Maker
More Cake Recipes to Try
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for gluten-free apple cake! Looking for some other cake recipes to try out? Try out these ideas, from the air fryer to microwave, you can make all sorts of cakes in no time!
- Air Fryer Mardi Gras King Cake With Canned Cinnamon Rolls
- Keto Ricotta Cake – Low-Carb Gluten-Free Breakfast or Dessert!
- Easy Vanilla Cake Recipe From Scratch
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake With Fresh or Canned Pineapple
- Gluten-Free Banana Bread Mug Cake Microwave Recipe
Gluten-Free Apple Cake with Almond Flour
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Round 9-inch cake pan
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Crack 4 eggs into the mixing bowl and whisk.
- Mix in the honey.
- Add in the almond flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Stir in the diced apples.
- Spray the cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour in the batter to the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the oven at 400F for 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove and let sit for at least 5 minutes before cutting and serving.