This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Made with just 3 simple ingredients these healthy Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples are naturally sweet and come out perfectly tender every time ready for you to enjoy in just a matter of minutes! They make the perfect side dish to pork or a fabulous low-sugar dessert for the kids!
Stewed Cinnamon Apples In The Instant Pot
When it’s apple season I love to try cooking them in new ways! And one of my favorite methods is in my Instant Pot! In the past, I’ve made Applesauce In The Instant Pot and Instant Pot Whole Baked Apples, so this year I thought why not try making cinnamon spiced apples in the Instant Pot. So I did and they turned out amazing!
This quick and easy recipe only takes 3 minutes to cook in the IP and you only need a few apples, ground cinnamon, and a bit of water! There is no added sugar and it’s not needed because the apples are naturally sweet.
These Instant Pot cinnamon apples are also totally customizable. You can use any type of apples you like as well as add other spices like nutmeg, cloves, or pumpkin pie spice along with the cinnamon. It’s totally up to you.
I sometimes even turn these Instant Pot cinnamon apples into a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel!
How to Cook Apples in The Instant Pot
You only need 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes to make cinnamon spiced apples in the Instant Pot!
- 3 Apples
- Ground Cinnamon
But feel free to add other spices if you like. Some good ones are nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and cardamom.
To begin, wash the apples and peel them if you like. I keep the peel on mine. Yet, it’s totally up to you. Then cut the apples into slices that are equal in size.
Next, pour 1 cup of water into the Instant pot. Then add the apple slices and sprinkle them with ground cinnamon.
Now, put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to a sealing position. Then press the “Pressure Cook” button and cook the apples for 3 minutes on HIGH pressure.
Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release the steam. It’s done releasing steam once the pin has dropped.
What Are the Best Apples to Use?
Firmer apples such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, and Fuji will hold their shape better when being cooked. Other types of apples work as well but can fall apart.
How to Store and Reheat Cooked Cinnamon Apples
Leftover apples will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months when stored in a sealed freezer bag.
To reheat, put the cinnamon apples in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium power. If frozen, I suggest letting them thaw out in the fridge overnight before reheating.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
Cooked apples can be used in both sweet and savory ways. From pork and chicken to pancakes and ice cream, cinnamon apples just make things better! Here are a few of my favorite dishes to serve these cooked apples with!
- How To Make Ribs In The Instant Pot
- Baked German Pancakes
- BBQ Baked Chicken Legs With Honey Soy
- Pork Tenderloin In The Air Fryer
- Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream
More Instant Pot Recipes
Cooking in the Instant Pot is a great way to save time in the kitchen and keep things simple! So if you enjoyed these Instant Pot cinnamon apples, you should check out some of my other amazing IP recipes!
- Frozen Ravioli In The Instant Pot
- How To Make Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Sushi Rice In The Instant Pot
- Sweet Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Frozen Tamales In The IP
Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
- 3 Apples
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Water
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Wash the apples and peel them if you like. I leave the peel on my apples. But it's totally up to you. Then cut them into slices.
- Open the lid of the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water. Then add the apple slices and sprinkle them with ground cinnamon.
- Close the Instant Pot and turn the valve to a sealing position. Then press the "Pressure Cook" button and cook the apples for 3 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release the steam. It's done releasing once the pin has dropped.
- Transfer the cooked apples to a serving dish and enjoy!
- How To Make Baked Apple Chips
- Healthy Apple Oatmeal Bars
- Best Ever Apple Pie Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Bread