This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This super easy, colorful, and delicious Black Bean and Corn Salsa is bursting with flavor! Made with just 10 simple ingredients in under 10 minutes, it’s sure to become your new favorite tasty salsa for chips or healthy side dish!
Black Bean And Corn Salsa
Who says healthy eating can’t be delicious!?! This easy black bean and corn salsa recipe will satisfy your cravings without sabotaging your health goals! Because did you know that humble black beans are packed full of protein and fiber! Two things your body needs to stay healthy and happy.
But wait, it gets better! Now, add some crisp corn, vibrant red bell pepper, and red onion to those black beans for a pop of sweetness and crunch! Then sprinkle all those veggies with some spices and you’ve got yourself an irresistible explosion of flavor and nutrition.
And you can throw this easy salsa recipe together in just 10 minutes with a handful of ingredients. It’s one heck of a tasty snack served with tortilla chips or as a side dish to any meal like my Instant Pot Chicken Thighs. You can even use this salsa to top my Baked Tacos.
How To Make Black Bean And Corn Salsa
No fancy ingredients are required for this recipe! In fact, you only need 10!
- Black Beans – Canned black beans work best for this recipe. However, Instant Pot Black Beans will do the trick too!
- Corn – I always use canned corn, but frozen corn is another option.
- Red Bell Pepper – Adds a lovely bit of crunch! Any color of bell pepper is perfect.
- Red Onion – I like the mild flavor that red onion adds to the salsa, but any onion you have on hand is fine.
- Jalapeno – Optional! Mix in a bit for spice if you want to add some heat.
- Seasonings – Simple salt and black pepper are used to season the salsa.
- Garlic Powder – For this recipe, garlic powder is a better option than fresh minced garlic.
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil will add the most flavor, but any type of vegetable oil works including avocado oil.
- Lime Juice – The juice of one fresh squeezed lime is needed to make the dressing.
Once you have all your ingredients prepped this black bean and corn salsa comes together in a snap!
First, drain the canned black beans and corn. Then put them both into a large bowl along with the diced red bell pepper and red onion. If you are using some jalapeno too this is when you should add it to the salsa. Now, add the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to the mixture.
Next, you need to make the dressing. To do this, just mix the olive oil together with the juice of the lime in a small bowl. Then pour the dressing over the bean mixture in the bowl and toss everything together.
Now, serve the salsa with some tortilla chips or as a side dish!
How To Store
This black bean and corn salsa is best eaten within the first 2 days. However, it will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. You can even make it the night before serving! Yet, it doesn’t freeze well.
It’s super easy to customize this homemade salsa recipe to your taste! Just keep in mind that for the best results it’s always smart to keep the ratio of ingredients about the same so that you have plenty of dressing to coat everything. The other option is to make extra dressing, of course! Here are a few ideas!
- Beans – Use other types of beans like pinto beans or white beans. You could even use a mixture of beans if you like.
- Spices – For spice add some chili powder, cayenne pepper, or ground chipotle. A pinch of dried oregano would be yummy too.
- Cheese – Top the salsa with shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese. Cotija cheese is another option!
- Tomatoes – Garnish the salsa with fresh diced tomatoes or just mix some in.
- Avocado – Add a layer of chopped avocado to finish the salsa. I don’t recommend blending it in because it can get mushy.
- Cilantro – Mexican flavors and cilantro are a match made in culinary heaven. Use some to garnish the salsa or mix some in!
What To Serve With Black Bean And Corn Salsa
You can serve this delicious salsa as a snack or appetizer with classic tortilla chips or something a little different like Air Fried Pita Chips or Air Fryer Naan. It’s also an amazing appetizer when served with Frozen Mini Tacos cooked in the air fryer!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
If you enjoyed this black bean and corn salsa recipe then I invite you to try some of my other appetizer recipes! From dips and salsas to finger foods I’ve got loads!
- Air Fried Frozen Crab Rangoon
- Mexican Style Shrimp Cocktail
- Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- Caprese Salad Skewers
- Easy 7 Layer Dip
- Prosciutto and Cantaloupe Skewers
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Drain the canned black beans and the canned corn. Now, put them in a large bowl. Then add the diced red bell pepper and red onion to the bowl.
- Add the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the juice of one lime and the olive oil together to create a dressing. Then pour the dressing over the bean mixture in the large bowl and toss everything together until it's well coated.
- Serve with some tortilla chips or as a side salad.