Oven baked tacos make the best way to serve tacos for a crowd! The tacos are assembled and baked in a casserole dish so they are hot and cheese is melted! Just add the toppings and dig in!
Taco nights are always popular in our house! Taco Tuesday, Cinco De Mayo or just any excuse under the sun to make tonight a taco night! Tacos are so delicious and can be customized with your favorite toppings – no wonder they are so popular!
Have you ever made baked tacos? If you haven’t and you’ll try it for the first time, it will feel like a true revelation! All the tacos are pre-assembled, then baked until heated and cheese is melted – meaning they are ready for everyone to eat at the same time. If you bake tacos in the oven, you won’t need to be filling tacos the “assembly-line” style like Chipotle counter while everyone is hungry and waiting!
If you are making tacos for more than 2 people, oven baked tacos are definitely the way to go. Having all tacos ready at the same time is so freeing! Tacos come out of the oven piping hot and ready to eat, and all you need to do is add the toppings!
With these amazing oven baked tacos, taco shells are put in a casserole dish – stuff as many taco shells there as can fit without breaking :) Fill them with refried beans and cooked seasoned ground meat, sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake until the cheese is melted! Hot crunchy taco shells with warmed meat and beans and gooey melted cheese – everybody wants those mouthwatering tacos!
How To Make Oven Baked Tacos
Step 1: Put taco shells in a baking dish in a single layer
Step 2: Add refried beans to the taco shells
Step 3: Add cooked seasoned ground meat to the taco shells
Step 4: Add shredded cheese to the tacos
Step 5: Bake tacos at 400F for 10 minutes
Step 6: Add taco toppings!
If you love tacos and Mexican food, you will also love these easy recipes:
Salmon Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa – when you want a change from meat tacos, try these delicious FISH tacos!
Taco Lettuce Wraps – use the lettuce leaves instead of taco shells for the healthiest taco version ever!
Cilantro-Lime Rice Like Chipotle – smells and tastes like Chipotle rice, yum!
Homemade Flour Tortillas – these are so good for soft tacos!
Chicken Fajitas Dinner – so easy, ready in 10 minutes!
- 1 package taco shells
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz) refried beans
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or canned salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Put the taco shells in a 9x13 baking dish (as many taco shells as will fit in a single layer).
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with a non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef or turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the taco seasoning and tomato sauce, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the refried beans to the bottom of the taco shells. Add the cooked ground meat to the taco shells on top of beans. Add shredded cheese to the taco shells on top of meat.
- Put the baking dish with the tacos in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the baked tacos from the oven. Top with corn, fresh salsa and shredded lettuce and serve immediately.