Brisket may just be the most mouthwatering main dish. Juicy and full of flavor, this Instant Pot Brisket tastes like it has been cooking for hours but is ready in no time!
Mouthwatering brisket makes such an incredible main dish. Tender and flavorful, brisket just can’t be topped. It can be, however, so time consuming to get just right. Here is where your Instant Pot comes in! This Instant Pot Brisket keeps your brisket juicy and perfectly done, but does it in less time with less fuss. Is there anything the Instant Pot can’t do? I think not.
Give this preparation method a try and I am certain you will never make brisket any other way! This perfectly done Instant Pot Brisket requires just five minutes of prep time and is ready in just over an hour. You can’t beat timing like that for mouthwatering brisket! The is a main dish that you are going to really enjoy, especially when it doesn’t take you all day to prepare!
It seriously could not be easier to prepare this Instant Pot Brisket. Start by rubbing your brisket with salt, chili powder, and liquid smoke (if you decide to use it). Put water in the Instant Pot before putting the brisket inside on a trivet. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the “Manual” button and set the timer to seventy minutes on high pressure.
When your timer goes off and you brisket is done cooking, unplug the Instant Pot from the outlet and let the pressure release naturally for twenty minutes, then quick release the remaining steam.
Preheat your oven to broil before removing the brisket from the Instant Pot and placing it on a baking sheet. This is where the magic happens. Broil your brisket for five minutes, or until the top is perfectly browned.
For serving, slice your beautifully done brisket into thin slices across the grain. This Instant Pot Brisket is great with BBQ sauce!
You can also make this recipe ahead of time (in fact, I always make it ahead myself). Put the brisket slices in a baking dish and mix the cooking liquid from the Instant Pot with one cup of barbeque sauce.
Pour it over the sliced brisket and cover the dish with a lid before refrigerating.
Before serving your Instant Pot Brisket, reheat it covered in the oven for twenty minutes, or until hot. Whether you make your brisket ahead of serve it fresh out of the oven, you do not want to miss one bite of this tasty recipe. It makes a mean brisket that you are going to be fawning over for days to come!
Like the potatoes on this pic? They are made in the Instant Pot :) Check out Instant Pot roasted potatoes.
Instant Pot Brisket
- 3 lb brisket
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke optional
- 1 cup water
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click for more info)
- Rub the brisket with salt, chili powder and liquid smoke (if using).
- Put water in the Instant Pot, then put the brisket in the Instant Pot on a trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 70 minutes on High pressure.
- When it's done cooking, unplug the Instant Pot from the outlet and let the pressure release naturally (NR) for 20 minutes, then quick release (QR) the remaining steam.
- Preheat the oven to Broil.
- Remove the brisket from the Instant Pot and put on a baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the top is browned.
- For serving, slice the brisket into thin slices across the grain. Serve with BBQ sauce.
If you like this Instant Pot Brisket, you will also love these easy Instant Pot beef recipes:
- Instant Pot Beef And Broccoli – Chinese takeout fakeout! This stuff is even better than takeout :)
- Instant Pot Beef Stew – so easy and tender! Just throw in beef cubes, potatoes, onions and carrots in the Instant Pot and press the button!
- Instant Pot Beef Chili – this is the easiest chili ever! Dump the ingredients in the Instant Pot and get yourself ready to enjoy a steaming bowl of chili!
- Instant Pot Roast Beef – once you try homemade roast beef, you’ll never want to eat the store-bought one! This makes amazing sandwiches and sliders too!