Instant Pot Roast Beef Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
The savory taste of roast beef is a favorite for any, but it takes so long to prepare! With a this Instant Pot Roast Beef you can enjoy your favorite flavor in less time than ever.
I love roast beef. I don’t love how long it takes to make. But, as with most recipes, my Instant Pot comes to the rescue! Using your instant pot you can enjoy a perfectly cooked roast beef that is tender and delicious in less time. This recipe for Instant Pot Roast Beef is easy to make and comes out perfectly every single time.
If you are wondering how you can ensure your roast beef doesn’t dry out or get rubbery, this recipe is the solution! This recipe uses the instant pot to ensure a perfectly prepared roast beef that is healthier than deli roast beef. With just four ingredients and a few easy steps, you’re on your way to enjoying roast beef made fresh in your instant pot. I wish I had found this recipe for Instant Pot Roast Beef sooner because it is so yummy.
To make this Instant Pot Roast Beef, first you rub your roast beef with salt and pepper and add water to the Instant Pot.
Insert the trivet and put your roast beef in on top of it. Close the lid and turn the valve to a sealed position. Press the “Pressure Cook” button and set the time for twenty minutes on high pressure if you like your roast beef cooked medium. Prefer medium well? Give it thirty. Like it well done? Set your time for forty minutes.
When your roast beef is done cooking, let the pressure release naturally completely. This will take about twenty or twenty-five minutes. Remove the roast beef from the instant pot and slice it against the grain as thinly as possible and serve.
Roast beef is a very underappreciated meat option, but with this easy preparation method you can enjoy it tonight. There is no need for dinner-time boredom or another night of chicken. Using this Instant Pot Roast Beef recipe gives you delicious, flavorful roast beef that you will love.
I don’t know about you, but I am ready to enjoy some roast beef tonight thanks to my Instant Pot! Delicious and tender, this Instant Pot Roast Beef is a favorite in my kitchen and I am sure it will be a favorite in your kitchen as well.
If you like Instant Pot Roast Beef, you will also like these other easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Beef And Broccoli – takeout fakeout! These homemade beef and broccoli is ready in 20 minutes and tastes amazing!
- Instant Pot Beef Stew – this is the easiest dump dinner ever! Just throw in beef chunks, potatoes, onions and carrots in the Instant Pot, press the button and dinner is ready! Your house will smell amazing!
- Instant Pot Beef Chili – another dump dinner you will love! Ground beef and a few cans go in the Instant Pot, and out comes a steaming hot bowl of homemade chili! So yummy and comforting!
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes – no need to deal with a pot of boiling water and no need to drain! Serve these mashed potatoes with your Instant Pot roast beef – so good!
- Instant Pot Green Beans – another classic dish to go with your roast beef! Perfectly steamed green beans are ready in minutes in your Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Roast Beef
- 3 lbs beef roast (chuck roast or rump roast or top loin roast)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Rub the beef with salt and pepper all over.
- Add water to the Instant Pot. Insert the trivet (the rack that came with the Instant Pot) and put beef on a trivet.
- Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time for 20 minutes on High pressure if you like your roast beef "Medium", 30 minutes for "Medium Well" or 40 minutes for "Well Done".
- When it's done cooking, let the pressure release naturally completely (until the pin drops, about 20-25 minutes).
- Remove the roast beef for the Instant Pot. Slice roast beef against the grain as thinly as possible and serve. (Slicing direction against the grain is very important if you want the texture to approximate deli-sliced roast beef.)
Will this recipe work with an eye of round cut of beef?
If you’re cooking wild meat, like venison or moose, use red wine or beer instead of the water, add sliced onion and herbs to the liquid, and spices like garlic, rosemary, thyme- or whichever others you like, and salt and pepper, rubbed on the roast, and lay bacon strips on the meat (to avoid dryness because wild meat is generally a lot leaner than beef). Cook to well done. After the roast is cooked, follow the pot roast beef directions for making the gravy, strain the gravy, slice the meat and return to the IP. Serve over mashed potatoes with a vegetable of choice, a salad and buns or fresh bread. slices. Delicious!
Can you use a frozen roast beef? When roast beef goes on sale I like to buy an extra one and freeze it. What do you do for a frozen one? Do you ave to defrost first?
Yes, you can pressure cook roast beef from frozen, you’ll need to double the cooking time.
Now that you know you can make a great Roast Beef in the Instant Pot, give this a try with: 3-5 pound Eye of Round Beef Roast or Top or Bottom Round . Do everything pretty much the way your recipe instructs, but only cook is for 4 minutes. Yes, only 4 minutes. Let the move into “keep warm” mode, and let it sit for 60-80 minutes. You will be rewarded with an extremely tender piece of meat, that is rosy pink inside. My mom used to “cook” this cut of meat all day, in the gas oven, with just the pilot light, and I found a way to replicate that cooking method, but much faster using an IP. Cut the slices as thin as you can for the most tender meat. It also make a great leftover sandwich because it’s not too chewy.