This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Have some leftover beef in the fridge? Make this amazing shredded BBQ beef recipe with just two simple ingredients and under 5 minutes! Is your mouth watering at just the thought of it? So is mine!
Delicious Shredded BBQ Beef Recipe
A few days ago, I made my Instant Pot roast beef recipe, and let’s just say I made a little too much… like I still have at least 3 days worth of leftovers. Whoops!
I mean don’t get me wrong. I LOVE leftovers, especially a beef recipe like this. It was so juicy and tender…but I’m running out of ideas on how else to eat the leftovers.
Then, I saw one of my good friends post a picture of her Sunday BBQ and it looked amazing! I was suddenly inspired to turn this leftover beef into a BBQ recipe. It’s SO easy and mouthwatering. It really is packed full of flavor.
Don’t have any leftover beef? You can use leftover shredded chicken or pork as well. If you are looking for a vegan option, you can swap out the beef for jackfruit. It acts (and similarly tastes) just like pork.
That’s one of the best parts of this recipe…it’s super versatile!
Ingredients For Shredded BBQ Beef
To make this really yummy beef recipe, these are the ingredients you will need to make this dish:
How To Make Shredded BBQ Beef From Leftover Beef
If your leftover beef is not sliced, cut it into thick slices.
Put a top round slicing disk blade in a food processor. Make sure you do NOT use a regular S blade. You need a slicing disk blade.
Add the thick slices of beef to the food processor and pulse without pushing down on the beef (or push down very slightly), until all the beef is shredded.
Pour the shredded beef into a bowl.
Add the BBQ sauce, and mix everything together to combine.
If needed, add more BBQ sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
- For a low carb/keto option, use Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce.
- Not really into a bottled BBQ sauce? Try making my recipe for homemade BBQ sauce in the Instant Pot!
What To Serve With With Shredded Beef
When it comes to serving this leftover shredded beef, there are a couple of ways to serve it.
- BBQ shredded beef sandwich on a burger bun with homemade creamy coleslaw and baked beans.
- Loaded fries (or sweet potato fries) topped with bbq beef and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Southwestern house salad with a yummy helping of bbq beef right on top.
- Add it to a loaded baked potato.
Honestly, there are so many different ways to serve this bbq recipe and they are all equally delicious!
More Beef Recipes
If you loved this scrumptious shredded bbq beef recipe, you will also love some of these other beef recipes!
Here are some of my other favorite beef recipes I make on the regular:
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Instant Pot Beef Brisket
- Air Fryer Meatballs Recipe
- Enchilada Casserole With Beef And Refried Beans
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
Shredded BBQ Beef From Leftover Beef
- 1 lb cooked beef
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- If beef is not sliced, cut it into thick slices.
- Put a top round slicing disk blade in a food processor (do not use regular S blade, you need a slicing disk blade).
- Add beef to the food processor and pulse without pushing down on the beef (or push down very slighly), until all the beef is shredded.
- Put shredded beef in a bowl and add BBQ sauce. Mix to combine. If needed, add more BBQ sauce, salt and pepper to taste.