This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These air fryer hamburgers are the perfect option when you don’t want to pull out the grill but want that juicy, delicious satisfaction of biting into a yummy burger! It’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy a hamburger.
Delicious Air Fryer Hamburger
Hamburgers are a family favorite- and with good reason! Any time I take a bite out of one of these air-fried burgers, it reminds me of fun family BBQs.
It’s funny sometimes how food can bring back so many memories. ?
As I got more into cooking, I tried recreating that exact same burger (I even tried making it in the Instant Pot!) and after a few test burgers, I think I finally nailed it!
These air fryer hamburgers are absolute perfection! If you are on a market for an air fryer, click here for the model I recommend.
Toppings To Add To Your Burger
When it comes to putting the burger together, it’s time to make some choices. The right bread, toppings, and condiments are going to make or break your burger!
My family (including myself!) loves to eat our burgers on toasted brioche buns, topped off with:
- Our favorite cheese slices
- Crispy green lettuce
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Juicy ‘bread n butter’ pickles
- Thick slices of bacon
- Air fryer mushrooms
- Spicy Mustard
Now, we try to switch things and do something different every once in a while but this is what we mainly serve!
How To Air Fry A Hamburger
In a medium-sized bowl, add the ground beef and shape them into burger patties. For perfectly shaped patties, use the burger press gadget, if you don’t have one just use your hands :) Season with salt, pepper and whatever other seasonings you like.
Place the burger patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and the cooking time for 8 minutes.
After it’s done cooking, flip the burger patties with a spatula. Reset the air fryer to 400F and cooking time for 5 minutes.
To turn them into cheeseburgers, immediately top each patty with a slice of your favorite cheese right when it’s done cooking!
- The cooking time and temperature I provided for this recipe are for medium-well 1/2 lb burgers. If you have smaller patties or like your burgers medium, decrease the cooking time by 5 minutes.
- Make sure to not overcrowd the air fryer basket or your hamburgers will not cook evenly or all the way through.
- If ground beef isn’t your favorite, you easily swap it out for some ground turkey burgers!
What To Serve With Hamburgers
What’s a burger without fries? Any time I make this recipe, I almost always make these baked garlic parmesan fries and air fried broccoli because they just pair together so well! They also go really well with these roasted sweet potatoes I cook in the air fryer as well.
Looking for something that’s low carb friendly? Give these keto zucchini fries or these roasted acorn squash fries a try! You can’t go wrong either way. You can also serve the burgers on a keto bread!
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this juicy ‘fried’ hamburger recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are my favorite main dish recipes:
- Frozen Shrimp In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Roasted Cornish Hens In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Meatballs
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Shape ground beef into 2 burger patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the burger patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the air fryer to 400F and the cooking time for 8 minutes.
- After it's done cooking, flip the burger patties with a spatula. Set the air fryer to 400F and cooking time for 5 minutes.
- To turn them into cheeseburgers, immediately top each patty with a slice of cheese right when it's done cooking.