These healthy turkey burgers are so juicy and flavorful, you’ll never miss the beef! They are so moist and full of flavor, this is the only ground turkey burger recipe you’ll ever need!
These juicy turkey burgers are a healthier alternative to beef and taste so delicious! If you are used to dry tasteless turkey burgers, you’ll need to try this recipe and you’ll change your mind! These turkey burgers are so succulent, you’ll love biting into this moist juicy meat!
This ground turkey burger recipe is very simple, and simple is always best! All you need for a juicy turkey burger is ground turkey, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Olive oil seals in the moisture, Worcestershire sauce adds delicious flavor and the ground turkey cooks into a perfectly browned burger patty that tastes so good!
There are many recipes online of turkey burgers with bread crumbs or eggs added to the ground turkey mixture – you don’t need this “filler” products! Remember, these are BURGERS, not meatballs or meatloaf! Bread crumbs and eggs don’t go into the burger patties – burgers should be made of 100% meat!
To keep the turkey burgers juicy, make sure you don’t overcook them! Cook the turkey burgers over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side. Do not cook them over medium or low heat, as it will lengthen the cooking time and turn the turkey rubbery. The turkey is cooked through when the internal temperature is 165F.
These turkey burgers freeze very well. If you’d like to freeze them for later, you need to freeze them uncooked. To freeze turkey burgers, just put the sheets of parchment paper between turkey patties so they don’t stick together and freeze in a ziploc bag. When ready to cook the burgers, just cook them directly from frozen and add an extra 2 minutes to cooking time.
To turn a turkey burger into cheeseburger, add the cheese slices on top of turkey patties during the last 3 minutes of cooking, so the cheese melts. You can be really creative with your turkey burgers by adding the toppings of your choice. On my burgers, I like mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions. If you are on a low carb diet, you can just omit the buns and serve the turkey burger patties only with a side dish like roasted broccoli or a creamy cucumber salad. You can also wrap the burgers into the large Romaine lettuce leaves and turn them into lettuce wraps!
If you like these juicy turkey burgers, you will also love these easy healthy recipes:
Turkey Spinach Meatballs – these baked meatballs are super healthy and made with a mixture of turkey and spinach!
Baked Turkey Tacos – a big batch of tacos is assembled in a casserole dish and baked, so easy and delicious!
Baked Parmesan Oven Fries – these crispy fries are baked in the oven, so healthy and perfect for serving with these turkey burgers!
Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad – this colorful refreshing salad goes really well with burgers and so yummy!
Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf – juicy turkey meatloaf baked with gooey melted cheese inside, yum yum yum!
- 1½ lbs ground turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp pepper
- Toppings of choice - buns, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, cheese, mustard, ketchup
- Put ground turkey, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Form the turkey mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Put the burger patties on a frying pan so they are not touching. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip the burgers with the spatula and cook on another side for 5 minutes (or until the juices run clear and no longer pink in center). To make it a cheeseburger, put cheese slices on top of patties during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Assemble the turkey burgers by putting the meat on buns and adding desired toppings.