This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Grilled eggplant panini is a very tasty sandwich recipe. Instead of the typical meat, this vegetarian sandwich recipe uses a slice of roasted eggplant.
To make the grilled eggplant panini sandwich, put the slice of cheese on a bread, add grilled or roasted eggplant, add another slice of cheese and top with another slice of bread, then cook on a hot panini sandwich press. If you don’t own a panini press, you can just cook the sandwich on a hot frying pan on both sides.
This grilled eggplant panini sandwich is so tasty and filling that you won’t miss the meat! This eggplant sandwich is a perfect summer recipe when yummy eggplants are in season. On the picture above, I served the grilled eggplant sandwich with the side dish of rice with green peas.
Grilled Eggplant Panini Sandwich Recipe
- Honey mustard
- Salt and pepper
Instructions How To Make Grilled Eggplant Panini Sandwich
- You can use the grill or the oven to cook the eggplant. If using the grill, preheat the grill. If using the oven, preheat the oven to 450F.
- Peel the eggplant and cut into slices.
- If grilling, cook the eggplant on a grill until tender.
- If using the oven, line the baking sheet with parchment paper and put in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cooked eggplant with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the bread slices with honey mustard.
- Put a slice of cheese on a bread.
- Put a slice of eggplant on top of the cheese.
- Put the second slice of cheese on top of the eggplant.
- Put a slice of bread on top of the cheese. You will have eggplant sandwiched between 2 slices of cheese and 2 slices of bread.
- Preheat the panini press. Cook the grilled eggplant sandwiches in the panini press for 1 minute or until the sandwich is golden and cheese is melted.