This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Introducing: the meatloaf 2.0 – the meatloaf stuffed with cheese! Slice it to open the floodgates of the oozing melted cheese inside!
Calling all cheese lovers! This is it. CHEESE STUFFED MEATLOAF. Yeah! It’s just as good as it sounds. Are you drooling faster than the cheese is flowing?
Who cares that it’s cold outside. Who cares that today just sucks. When you’ve got this cheese stuffed meatloaf, nothing really matters… except CHEESE! Bite into this warm meaty goodness like a hungry wolf. Feel the cheese that’s a few degrees hotter than you’d like, but tastes so out of this world that who cares. Chew this mind blowing creation and get warm. Warm inside and out with this cheese stuffed meatloaf.
This mouthwatering cheese stuffed meatloaf is super easy to make. All you need to do is shove the cheese sticks into the meatloaf mixture. Everything genius is simple :) The meat bakes around the cheese, enclosing the cheese in a juicy meatloaf crust, and the cheese melts inside, ready to flow out when meatloaf is sliced.
How many cheese sticks are you going to use? It’s totally completely up to you :) Are you more of a cheese person or a meat person?
How To Make Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
Step 1: Prepare meatloaf mixture
Mix the ground meat, breadcrumbs, grated onion, salt and pepper to make the meatloaf mixture.
Step 2: Lay out half of meatloaf mixture
Put half of the meatloaf mixture on a lined baking sheet and shape into a meatloaf shape.
Step 3: Put the cheese sticks on top of the meat
You can use as many cheese sticks as you’d like, depending on how cheesy you’d like your meatloaf :)
Step 4: Top the cheese with remaining meat
Add the remaining meat and shape into a meatloaf shape.
Step 5: Add the ketchup
First pour the ketchup on top of the meatloaf.
Then spread the ketchup all over the meatloaf.
Step 6: Bake the cheese stuffed meatloaf
Bake the meatloaf in pre-heated 375F oven for 1 hour.
Slice the cheese stuffed meatloaf while it’s still hot! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground beef or turkey
- 6 cheese sticks (or more if desired)
- ¼ cup bread crumbs (optional)
- 1 small onion, grated
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the ground meat, bread crumbs, grated onion, salt and pepper.
- Put half of the meat mixture on a baking sheet and shape into a loaf.
- Put the cheese sticks on top of the meat mixture.
- Cover the cheese sticks with the remaining meat mixture and shape into a meatloaf.
- Put the ketchup on top and spread it to cover the meatloaf with ketchup.
- Put in the oven and bake for 1 hour.