This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This is not your usual plain meatloaf – this meatloaf has a surprise inside! Slice the meatloaf to reveal the stuffing of boiled eggs, green peas and melted cheese!
Illustrations How To Make Stuffed Meatloaf:
Putting the filling inside:
Lift the plastic wrap on the sides and roll the meat so the filling is inside the roll:
Here’s a picture of the rolled meatloaf:
Spread the ketchup on top of the meatloaf:
Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour, or until the meat thermometer registers 170F.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ cup frozen green peas (thawed in a microwave)
- 4 cheese slices
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 slices of bread
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the bread in a bowl with water. Take the bread out and pour out the water. In a bowl, put the wet bread, meat and minced onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until everything is combined.
- Cut a large rectangle of a plastic wrap and put it on the counter. Spread the meat mixture on it. Sprinkled the peas on top of the meat layer. In the middle of the meat layer, put the eggs and cheese slices.
- Lift the plastic wrap on the sides and roll the meat so the filling is inside the roll.
- Carefully move the meatloaf to the baking sheet. Remove and discard the plastic wrap.
- Spread the ketchup on top of the meatloaf.
- Put the meatloaf in the oven and bake for 1 hour.