Eggs Potatoes Chicken & Cheese Baked Breakfast Casserole Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Are you a “chicken and potatoes” person? You need this breakfast casserole in your life! Chicken and potatoes are baked with eggs and topped with melted cheese – delicious!
Have you had enough of fancy trendy food? Want to get back to the basics? How about chicken and potatoes :) Doesn’t get more down to Earth than that! Chicken and potatoes are baked with the eggs and topped with gooey melted cheese – that’s the ultimate hearty breakfast for the biggest appetite!
Is it too much for you for breakfast? Eat it for lunch! Breakfast, lunch or whatever is in between – BRUNCH! And who says you can’t eat eggs for dinner – make it a breakfast/dinner – BRINNER :) Yummy yummy stuff, so simple, which is exactly what you need sometimes – this basic stuff really hits the spot!
This breakfast bake recipe is a perfect way to use up any leftover chicken you might have. You can also use canned chicken or Rotisserie chicken. For potatoes, you can use leftover potatoes as well, or cook the potatoes in a microwave, or use the packaged frozen breakfast potatoes or hashbrowns. You can use other leftovers as well as the breakfast bake ingredients :) There are no rules – just put the ingredients in a casserole dish, pour the eggs over them, top with shredded cheese and bake to perfection!
If you like the potatoes and eggs combo, you are going to love my other recipe for Spanish Tortilla potato omelette – it’s a simplified version where you don’t have to flip it! Also, another great find for you will be the roasted chicken and potatoes sheet pan dinner – it’s a good old “chicken and potatoes” basic that’s so easy and yummy!
How To Make Eggs Potato & Chicken Casserole
Put cooked chicken and potatoes in a casserole dish
Pour eggs mixed with milk
Top with shredded cheese
Bake at 350F for 30 minutes
Eggs Potatoes Chicken Breakfast Casserole Bake
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken from canned or Rotisserie chicken
- 4 potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. Put them in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on High for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray the non-stick 9x12 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put chicken and potatoes in a baking dish in a single layer.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and milk with a fork.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through.
Baked a butterflied a chicken breast, fried Yukon gold taters with butter & garlic, added onions when I combined everything with a springle of pankos. One of the best breakfast dishes ever.