This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Everyone loves cheese quesadillas! Make them in 5 minutes with just 2 ingredients!
Crispy browned tortilla with gooey melted cheese inside – doesn’t get better than that! How many of these yummy quesadillas are you going to eat?
Piping hot, straight from the frying pan! You’ll want to eat them so badly, you won’t be able to wait for them to cool down!
Is cheese quesadilla an appetizer or main dish? It’s whatever you want to make of it! You can serve it as an appetizer with a side of best ever guacamole or salsa from scratch. I often eat it as a main dish – it’s on my “easy lunches” rotation :)
Kids love quesadillas for lunch or dinner!
How To Make Cheese Quesadillas
Cheese quesadillas need just 2 ingredients – flour tortillas and shredded cheese! Well, the third ingredient is oil, but that doesn’t really count, does it? :) Plus you can always use non-stick cooking spray instead.
To make cheese quesadillas, first heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Fit 2 flour tortillas on a frying pan as on the picture below.
Add shredded cheese to half of each tortilla.
Then fold tortillas over so cheese is inside.
Cook the quesadillas for 3 minutes (or until golden-brown on the bottom), then flip over with a spatula.
Cook the cheese quesadillas on another side for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
If desired, slice into wedges before serving. The easiest way to cut quesadillas (and pizza too) is using scissors :) Yes, people might think you are crazy, but once you try it, you’ll never want to struggle with using a knife or pizza cutter for that purpose!
What To Serve With Quesadillas
Make these easy side dishes and serve them with cheese quesadillas for a true feast!
- Authentic Mexican Guacamole – this is the only guacamole recipe you’ll ever need!
- Cilantro-Lime Rice – tastes exactly like Chipotle rice, make it at home!
- Homemade Refried Beans – once you try the homemade version, you’ll never want to eat once from the can!
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – this spicy and cheesy corn salad is so addictive! OMG!
- Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup – made in a slow cooker with just 5 ingredients!
- Fresh Salsa From Scratch – so yummy and refreshing, you’ll love this homemade fresh salsa!
Easy Cheese Quesadillas
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 tbsp oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shredded cheese on half of each tortilla and fold the other half over the cheese (so the cheese is inside of folded tortilla).
- Put folded tortillas on a frying pan and cook for 3 minutes (or until the bottom is golden-brown). Carefully flip the quesadillas over with a spatula, and cook on another side for 2 minutes (or until golden-brown on both sides).
- Remove the quesadillas from the frying pan and serve immediately.