This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These Buffalo chicken quesadillas are absolutely amazing! So spicy and cheesy, they can be on your table in just 10 minutes!
If you love spicy food and you love cheese, I’m sure you will love those two wonderful things combined! Spicy + cheesy = mouthwatering! Hot cheesy goodness that’s full of zesty spicy flavor – more please!
These Buffalo chicken quesadillas are stuffed with creamy Buffalo chicken and gooey melted cheese, then pan-fried to browned crispy perfection. As you bite into the hot browned tortilla, you taste the melted cheese intermixed with creamy Buffalo chicken – indescribable! As you finish one piece of these quesadillas, the lingering spicy aftertaste in your mouth will make you reach for another piece, so you can taste this spicy cheesy goodness one more time… and then another. These Buffalo chicken quesadillas are as addictive as they get!
You can serve these delicious Buffalo chicken quesadillas as an appetizer or entree. I usually just serve them as a main dish since they are so filling! Easy dinner in 10 minutes – that’s my kind of a recipe!
If you have a Rotisserie chicken or any other type of leftover cooked chicken, this recipe is a perfect way to use up those leftovers. If you don’t have cooked chicken on hand, the easiest way to cook it is by making poached chicken in 20 minutes – it’s completely hands off and the chicken just cooks itself!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Step 1: Make Buffalo chicken filling.
Finely chop or shred Rotisserie chicken (or other cooked chicken).
Add the mixture of mayo and hot sauce to the chicken.
Mix with chicken to make the creamy Buffalo chicken quesadilla filling.
Step 3: Assemble Quesadillas.
Put the flour tortilla on the plate or counter.
Sprinkle tortilla with shredded cheese.
Spread half of the tortilla with Buffalo chicken mixture.
Fold the tortilla in half to make it into quesadilla.
Step 4: Pan-fry the quesadillas.
Cook for several minutes on each side until golden-brown and cheese is melted.
Cut the Buffalo chicken quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream or salsa for dipping!
If you like these easy Buffalo chicken quesadillas, you will also love these easy recipes:
Homemade Buffalo Wings Sauce – this is best made from scratch Buffalo sauce ever!
Easy Fresh Mexican Salsa Recipe – perfect for serving with these Buffalo chicken quesadillas!
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese – another delicious recipe to make with leftover chicken!
Authentic Mexican Guacamole – to complete your Mexican feast!
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat the chopped chicken in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Put the mayo and hot pepper sauce in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add chopped chicken and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with an equal amount of shredded cheese.
- Divide the chicken mixture into 4 equal parts and spread on half of each tortilla.
- Fold the tortillas in half to make a quesadilla.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the quesadillas and cook for 2 minutes (or until golden-brown on the bottom), then flip with a spatula and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side until golden brown.