This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Chicken quesadillas is one of my go-to recipes for using up leftover chicken. If you have any cooked chicken in the house, you are just 5 minutes away from having delicious chicken quesadillas at your dinner table! Chicken quesadilla has a delicious hot browned tortilla on the outside, and hot chicken with gooey melted cheese on the inside! Who can resist biting into this chicken quesadilla and tasting the chicken and cheese filling – yum!
Quesadillas are a Mexican dish made of pan-fried tortillas folded in half and filled with shredded cheese and other ingredients (in the case of chicken quesadillas, it’s cheese and shredded chicken). Cheese and chicken go inside the flour tortilla and the tortilla is folded in half and cooked on a frying pan. The cheese inside the tortilla melts and holds the chicken in place.
- 8 flour tortillas, 8-inch size
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or 1 lb cooked chicken)
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
- Shred the cooked chicken (or thinly slice it) - you can do it either in the food processor or by hand.
- Put the chicken in a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 1 minute, or until warm.
- Assemble the quesadillas: put tortilla on a plate. Sprinkle shredded cheese over ½ of the tortilla (the part with the cheese should look like a semicircle). Put the shredded chicken over the cheese. Put more shredded cheese over the chicken. Fold the empty side of the tortilla over the cheese.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat (I like to use the griddle or 2 frying pans on 2 burners to save time).
- Put the assembled quesadillas on a frying pan (as many as you can fit in a single layer).
- Cook for 1 minute, or until the bottom is golden-brown.
- Carefully flip the chicken quesadillas and cook on the other side for 1 minute, or until golden brown.