This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Learn how to make a quick batch of cheese quesadillas in the air fryer. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner! All you need is cheese and tortillas. It’s really easy!
Air Fryer Cheese Quesadillas
When I am in the mood for some delicious comfort, ooey-gooey cheese quesadillas are definitely in the top 3. While I usually make my easy cheese quesadilla recipe in a skillet, I have recently started making it in the air fryer. Let me tell- it’s soooo good!
These air fryer cheese quesadillas are so easy to make in the air fryer. They turn out so crunchy and golden-brown on the outside with melted cheese inside!
If you are on the market for a new air fryer, click here for the model I recommend :)
To make this recipe, all you need are these 3 ingredients:
Best Cheeses To Use For Quesadillas
When making the best cheese quesadilla, it’s very important what kind of cheese you decide to use. Everything from flavor to that famous cheese pull comes down to this!
Here are some of my favorite cheese I love to use:
- Monterey jack
- American cheese
You can also use a combo of these cheeses for the ultimate quesadilla!
Other Ingredients To Add To The Quesadilla
Besides cheese, there are a variety of delicious ingredients that go perfectly inside a quesadilla. My go-to is this chicken quesadilla in the air fryer. It’s perfect!
Here are a few other fillings you can add:
How To Make Cheese Quesadillas In The Air Fryer
Now, let’s make these homemade cheese quesadillas.
Brush each of the flour tortillas with olive oil on one side. Then, flip them over so the oiled side is on the bottom.
Add some of the shredded cheese to one-half of each of the tortillas and then fold the other side of the tortilla over the cheese (so the tortilla is folded in half).
Carefully transfer each folded tortillas into the air fryer basket. Put a trivet on top of the tortillas so they don’t open during the cooking process.
Set the air fryer to 400 degrees for 4 minutes.
Open the air fryer basket, remove the trivet, and flip the quesadillas over.
Set the air fryer to 400 degrees once more for 2 minutes.
After they are done cooking, remove the cheese quesadillas from the air fryer, slice, and serve.
- If your air fryer didn’t come with a trivet, put anything oven-safe on top of the tortillas to weigh them down.
What To Serve With Cheese Quesadillas
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved these air fryer cheese quesadillas, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some of my go-to’s:
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Roasted Mushrooms In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Cabbage Wedges In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Tator Tots
- Tortilla Pizza In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Cheese Quesadillas
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Brush tortillas with oil on one side, then flip them over so oil is on the bottom.
- Put shredded cheese on half of each tortilla, then fold the other side of the tortilla over the cheese (so tortilla is folded in half).
- Carefully transfer folded tortillas into the air fryer basket. Put a trivet on top of the tortillas. (If your air fryer didn't come with a trivet, put anything metal (like a spoon) on top of the tortillas to weigh them down, so they don't open during the cooking process).
- Set the air fryer to 400F for 4 minutes.
- Open the air fryer basket, remove the trivet and flip the quesadillas over.
- Set the air fryer to 400F for 2 minutes.
- Remove cheese quesadillas from the air fryer, slice and serve.