This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These air fryer hot dogs are crazy quick and easy to make and taste so amazingly good! Ready to serve in less than 10 minutes and the results are out of this world!
Hot dogs are one of our favorite treats, and they’ve never been easier to make than in the air fryer! They come out so perfectly juicy and the buns are perfectly toasted. It’s such an easy alternative to the grill and you can get dinner on the table in a hurry!
Air Fryer Hot Dogs Ingredients
There is nothing complicated about the ingredients for this recipe! Once you’ve made them, you can dress them up with your favorite toppings.
- Hot Dogs
- Hot Dog Buns
- Ketchup, Mustard, Relish or any other toppings
How To Make Air Fried Hotdogs
It takes just 6 minutes to make hot dogs for your family in the air fryer. Super quick and fuss free, and the results are so delicious!
Pierce hot dogs with a fork (to prevent them from splitting) and put in the air fryer in a single layer.
Cook in the air fryer at 400F for 4 minutes.
Take out the hot dogs and put on buns. Put the buns with hot dogs back in the air fryer and cook at 400F for 2 minutes.
Remove the hot dogs from the air fryer, add desired toppings (such as ketchup, mustard, relish, pickle) and serve.
What can you serve air fryer hot dogs with
Hot dogs are perfect handheld food and perfect if you are entertaining, but they are easy to serve up as part of a fuller meal with sides of fries and salads. Try them with:
- Garlic Parmesan French Fries
- Keto Zucchini Fries
- Cowboy Caviar
- Corn Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Macaroni Salad
What toppings can you add to hot dogs?
When it comes to toppings, the possibilities are endless! Tomato ketchup and mustard are always a classic choice, but you can get super inventive! Try topping them with these ingredients or a combination!
- Fried Red Onions
- Sautéed Bell Peppers And Onions
- Homemade Bacon Bits
- Cheeses: Shredded cheese, blue cheese, feta
- Sauces: Guacamole, Greek Tzatziki, BBQ Sauce
- Pickled onions
- Dill pickles
What are the best sausages to use for hot dogs?
When I make hot dogs, I usually use beef franks. They are super meaty and packed full of flavor. As an alternative, you could try turkey franks or a meat free option.
Hot dog sausages are pre-cooked, so if you want to make these with other sausages you will have to adjust the cooking time. Check out my Italian sausage air fryer recipe if you want to make these with another type of sausage.
Can you cook hot dogs from frozen?
Yes! If you haven’t had time to thaw the hot dogs, then you can cook them right from frozen! Use a sharp knife to make three slits in each dog and then place in the air fryer at 350F for 7 to 8 minutes. You can then take them out and add the buns.
Make sure you make the slits with the knife or they will burst open as they cook.
Other ways to cook hot dogs
I love these air fryer hot dogs. They are so effortless to make and it’s now my go to method. If you don’t have an air fryer yet, don’t fret! My Instant Pot hot dogs are also really quick with a hands off cooking method and my Grilled Hot Dog Kabobs are perfect for the summer!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
- Air Fryer Hashbrowns From Scratch
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- toppings to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Pierce hot dogs with a fork (to prevent them from splitting) and put in the air fryer in a single layer. Cook in the air fryer at 400F for 4 minutes.
- Take out the hot dogs and put on buns. Put the buns with hot dogs back in the air fryer and cook at 400F for 2 minutes.
- Remove the hot dogs from the air fryer, add desired toppings (such as ketchup, mustard, relish, pickle) and serve.
- Easy Boiled Italian Sausage Recipe
- Baked Sausages And Potatoes Sheet Pan
- Pressure Cooker Cabbage And Sausage