This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Forget that store-bought stuff! This air fryer french toast recipe is all you need. Not only is it quick to make but you only need 3 ingredients to make it yourself at home!
Air Fryer French Toast
I have been making homemade french toast for YEARS and it’s one of my favorite breakfast foods. Sometimes I want to meal prep and have some leftovers to last me through the week, I’ll make some baked french toast casserole and stick it in the fridge! Other mornings I want a freshly made french toast and I’ll follow this recipe.
Either way, it’s the perfect breakfast food.
Best Bread To Use To Make French Toast
When making the best french toast possible, it all comes down to what type of bread you use. This will make or break your breakfast dish!
I normally make Challah french toast most times but I’ve also tried these loaves of bread and they were just as delicious!
- French baguette
It really does make a difference in flavor and it just comes down to what you are looking for.
If you own a bread machine, I have these easy bread machine recipes you can make – homemade bread is simply amazing! If you are on the market for a bread machine, click here for a bread machine model I recommend.
One important cooking tip: It is always best to use day-old bread when making homemade french toast because it tends to soak up more and hold on to the egg texture.
How To Air Fry French Toast
Before you start cooking, make sure you spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with some non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium to large bowl, pour the milk and cracked eggs and whisk them together until they’re combined.
Cut each bread slice diagonally into 2 triangle halves (so you’ll have 4 triangle pieces total).
Dip each piece of sliced bread into the milk mixture on both sides, just enough for it to be soaked. Then, put in the air fryer basket, making sure to arrange the bread triangles so they fit in a single layer.
Cook the french toast in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
Take them out of the air fryer basket and flip the french toast triangles with a spatula. Put it back in the air fryer and cook at 375 degrees for another 5 minutes.
Remove the french toast from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Additions and Substitutions
- To make this recipe dairy-free, swap out the milk for almond or coconut milk.
- If you are gluten-free, use gluten-free bread instead of regular bread.
- To change up the flavors every once in a while, add a few dashes of cocoa powder or cinnamon to really make the french toast shine!
What To Serve with French Toast
If I’m having a hectic morning and don’t have the time to make it fancy, I’ll just warm up a little bit of pure maple syrup and be on my way.
When I do have some extra time on my hands, I like to serve my air fried french toast with some:
- Fresh berries with whipped cream
- Bacon and eggs
- Nutella and strawberries (check out my recipe for homemade Nutella)
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this yummy ‘fried’ french toast recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are my favorite main dish recipes:
Air Fryer French Toast
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put milk and egg in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Cut each bread slice diagonally into 2 triangle halves (so you'll have 4 triangle pieces total).
- Dip each bread triangle into the milk mixture on both sides, then put in the air fryer basket, arranging the bread triangles so they fit in a single layer.
- Cook french toast in the air fryer at 375F for 5 minutes. Take out the air fryer basket and flip the french toast triangles with a spatula. Put it back in the air fryer and cook at 375F for another 5 minutes.
- Remove french toast from the air fryer and serve. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and serve with maple syrup.