This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Air fryer roasted beets are a bright and vibrant veggie dish. If you haven’t been a beet fan in the past, these may change your mind! These roasted beets are on the sweeter side and are completely yummy, not to mention crispy!
Healthy Air Fryer Roasted Beets
Many people tend to avoid beets simply because they might leave a stain (or two) but they are actually quite delicious! These roasted beets are super easy to make and are packed full of flavor. When they are air roasted, beets will even have a slightly sweeter taste to them too.
Beets are an amazing vegetable to add to your weekly menu plan. Not only are they super low in calories but they are high in important vitamins and nutrients. These roasted beets are full of folate, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins C + B6.
This veggie is also known to help lower and maintain healthy blood pressure!
Other Ways To Roast Beets
If you don’t have an air fryer, there are other ways to roast beets!
You could use the same recipe from this air fryer version and roast the beets in the oven instead. To make some tender beet bites, take a look at this post to learn how to cook beets in the Instant Pot. You can have these veggies ready in under 30 minutes!
How To Air Fry Beets
To clean the beets, you need to peel the skin off. You can do this by using a potato peeler or a paring knife if the skin is too thick.
Cut the beets into 1-inch pieces.
Place the beet pieces in a bowl and toss them with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Put the beet pieces in the air fryer basket and cook at 390F for 30 minutes, shaking the basket every 10 minutes so they don’t stick or burn.
- Make sure you wear disposable gloves to avoid staining your hands pink!
- Double-check and make sure the beets are cooked completely through. Sometimes they aren’t completely tender and are still a bit tough. If that happens while you are making a batch, finish cooking them in a microwave for 3-5 minutes so you don’t burn them in the air fryer.
- If you have some extra fresh beets leftover, check out this blog on how to store beets.
What To Serve With Roasted Beets
You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how versatile beets actually are. Personally, I usually love to add roasted beets to some fresh salads. You can add them to an egg and carrot salad or this roasted beet salad with feta cheese and mandarin oranges.
If you like the roasted beets on their own, you can serve them as a side dish with some air fryer cornish hens, or any other main course you’d like.
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved these ‘fried’ beets, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some of my current veggie go-to’s:
Air Fryer Roasted Beets
- 1 lb beets
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Peel the beets and cut them into 1 inch pieces (wear disposable gloves to avoid staining your hands).
- Toss the beet pieces with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the beet pieces in the air fryer basket and cook at 390F for 30 minutes, shaking the basket every 10 minutes.
If you like air fryer beets, you will also love these easy recipes: