These air fryer chickpeas are amazing! So crunchy and delicious, it’s hard to believe they are good for you!
These crunchy air fryer chickpeas are so satisfying! You don’t need any junk food to get your fix of the crispy stuff! Air fryer turns a normal can of chickpeas into perfectly roasted chickpeas! It’s totally like magic!
If you don’t have an air fryer, check out my similar recipe for crunchy oven roasted green peas – that was written before I got my air fryer :)
These chickpeas are perfectly roasted and are super addictive! They have deep roasted flavor and amazing crunchy texture! This is a perfect healthy snack on the go!
How To Roast Chickpeas In The Air Fryer
The process of making roasted chickpeas in the air fryer is very simple. First, open a can of chickpeas and drain them. Next, toss the chickpeas with 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp of desired seasoning (Taco seasoning is my go-to choice). Put the chickpeas in the air fryer basket and cook at 400F for 10 minutes, shaking halfway through. That’s it!
See how easy it is! With the air fryer, you can be munching on roasted chickpeas less than 15 minutes from now :)
Seasonings For Air Fryer Chickpeas
You can get really creative with the seasonings for air fryer chickpeas for different flavors you crave! Here are some ideas:
- Garlic powder, salt and pepper for garlic roasted chickpeas
- Grated Parmesan cheese for cheesy roasted chickpeas
- Wasabi powder and salt for wasabi chickpeas
- Cinnamon and sugar for sweet cinnamon roasted chickpeas
- Curry powder for curried roasted chickpeas
- Cayenne pepper and chili powder for spicy roasted chickpeas
You can also use any of your favorite seasoning blends such as Old Bay seasoning and Lemon pepper seasoning – sky is the limit!
Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas drained, not rinsed
- 1 tsp Taco seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and Taco seasoning and put in the air fryer basket.
- Cook chickpeas in the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes, shaking halfway through.
If you like air fryer roasted chickpeas, you will love my other air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Meatballs – perfectly cooked meatballs from scratch in 20 minutes!
- Air Fryer Eggplant – you will love these spicy roasted eggplant chunks!
- Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla – who knew that you can use your air fryer to make quesadillas? Yes you can! They are so crispy!
- Air Fryer Cauliflower – this crispy roasted cauliflower is amazing!
- Air Fryer Roasted Butternut Squash – so healthy and delicious, this is a perfect way to cook butternut squash!