This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Cooking fresh kale on a frying pan is easy and it tastes so delicious with a few simple seasonings! This sauteed kale actually turns out so crispy! You will love this sautéed kale!
Crispy Pan Fried Kale Recipe
Don’t let that bag of kale in your fridge go to waste! You can quickly and easily turn it into a delicious side dish for lunch or dinner.
Your family will love how crispy this veggie becomes! Imagine tasting this mouthwatering pan fried kale – it is so tasty and healthy!
Read on to learn about the many benefits of adding kale to your diet!
Health Benefits of Kale
In recent years, kale has become a very popular green vegetable in the U.S., and is even touted as a “superfood”. This is because kale is packed with nutrients and antioxidants that are beneficial for your health.
- Contains Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which both promote good eyesight
- Includes nutrients that lower cholesterol – potassium, fiber, folate, and calcium
- High levels of magnesium, calcium, and potassium that helps lower blood pressure
- Calcium and Vitamin K also support strong bones
How to Prepare Crispy Pan Fried Kale
This dish takes no time at all to make! All you need to make it is a large bag of kale or a bunch of fresh kale that has been de-stemmed and chopped.
You will also need some salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season the kale. Or you can use whatever seasonings you like! It is fun to play around with the flavors!
First add a little oil to a frying pan. If your pan is non-stick, you won’t need very much at all. Or you can choose not to use any.
Then add your fresh kale to the pan. Set the burner heat to high.
When the oil starts sizzling, use a spatula to stir it around. Lower the heat to medium-high.
Continue mixing the kale every minute to promote even browning and cooking.
After about 3 minutes, it should have reduced significantly and start to get crispy.
If it starts browning too much, reduce the heat to medium-low.
Continue stirring and cooking until it is cooked to your liking!
Now it is time to add your seasonings. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Continue stirring until cooked, tasting it to check for doneness.
What to Serve with Crispy Pan Fried Kale
Yum! This crispy kale is delicious and can be served with a wide range of entrees or side dishes to make a filling meal.
Wondering what to pair it with? Why not try some of the below dishes. You can even keep it vegetarian!
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers With Quinoa And Black Beans
- Instant Pot Lentils And Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Mac N Cheese Recipe
- Quinoa Pesto Salad With Chickpeas and Cherry Tomatoes
More Easy Veggie Friendly Recipes
Did you love this easy pan fried kale recipe? It is the perfect way to add more kale to your diet and use up any kale hanging out in your fridge. If you are looking for some more veg-forward recipes, check out some of these below!
- Sauteed Broccoli Recipe – How To Cook Broccoli On A Frying Pan
- Instant Pot Fresh Steamed Spinach
- Air Fryer Yellow Summer Squash
- Instant Pot Steamed Sugar Snap Peas
- Air Fryer Zucchini And Mushrooms
Crispy Pan Fried Kale
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Add a little oil to a frying pan on the stovetop (if using oil)
- Add the kale to the pan and turn heat to high.
- When the pan starts to sizzle, reduce heat to medium-high and stir the kale with spatula.
- Continue stirring kale every minute for 3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- If getting too brown, lower the heat to medium-low.
- Then add seasonings to your liking and stir.
- Taste kale and cook longer if need be or remove from heat.