This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
You won’t believe how crispy and brown this breaded chicken is on the outside, and how moist and tender it is on the inside! If your chicken breast always turns out dry, you need this recipe!
Just say No to dry chicken breast! This delicious crispy brown breaded coating protects the chicken breast from drying out and seals the juices inside! Even those people who normally go for chicken thighs love this tender and soft chicken breast, it’s so delicious!
An awesome thing about this recipe is that you don’t need a deep fryer to make this breaded chicken. This crispy breaded chicken is not deep fried, it is pan fried! All you need is a frying pan to make this yummy chicken with the beautiful breading that is so deeply golden brown in color, so uniform and so crispy!
This pan-fried breaded chicken recipe is so quick and easy to make, it only takes 15 minutes from start to finish! This recipe is a must for your weeknight dinner rotation! It also uses just 4 simple common ingredients – chicken breasts, dried bread crumbs, eggs and oil! Doesn’t get any simpler and easier than that!
How To Make Pan-Fried Breaded Chicken Breasts
Super easy! Just heat the oil on a frying pan, dip the chicken in egg, then dip the chicken in bread crumbs, then pan fry for about 4 minutes on each side and your amazing breaded chicken is ready!
Here’s the tip you need to know for success with this recipe: your chicken breast should be thin, so it cooks quickly. The chicken should be no thicker than 1 inch, actually the thinner the better. There are several ways to achieve the thinness. One way is to pound the chicken breast with a mallet to flatten it. Another way is to roll the chicken breast with a rolling pin between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. The third (simplest) way is to just slice the chicken breast with a knife into two thin layers – that’s what I usually do :)
I use just the basic seasonings – salt and pepper. Feel free to add your favorite spices – onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, dried Italian herbs, etc. You can add them directly to the breading, or simply sprinkle on to the chicken when it’s already on the frying pan. Enjoy!
Easy Crispy Breaded Chicken Breast
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- If the chicken breasts are thicker than 1 inch, either pound them to a 1-inch thickness or slice them into 2 thin layers.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Put the bread crumbs on a large plate.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Dip each chicken breast in eggs first on both sides, then dip in breadcrumbs on both sides, pressing into the bread crumbs so they stick better.
- Put breaded chicken breasts on a frying pan, making sure they are not touching. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/3 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then carefully flip the chicken with a spatula. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Cook the chicken for another 4 minutes, or until cooked through (uniformly white in the middle).