This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Perfectly browned, crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside, this simple recipe for air fried diced potatoes made from scratch is amazing! All you have to do is dice a few potatoes, toss with some oil and seasonings, and put them in the air fryer to cook. Easy peasy and ready in no time!
Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
You are going to love how easy it is to make diced potatoes in the air fryer! They cook up so crispy and delicious. And you can serve air fryer diced potatoes with any meal from with eggs at breakfast to with braised beef at dinner.
These potatoes are so versatile and it’s easy to customize the recipe too because potatoes will take on the flavor of whatever you season them with. So when a different seasoning or herb is added to the potatoes it will create a totally different flavor profile.
Not to mention, the added plus that potatoes are full of potassium, fiber, and vitamin C making them really good for you. All carbs aren’t bad! And these air fryer diced potatoes are downright healthy and delicious!
How to Cook Diced Potatoes in the Air Fryer
This recipe for making air fried diced potatoes from scratch is really easy and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. This is what you will need:
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
That’s it! Amazing right!?! Just 4 ingredients that are preservative-free and healthy!
To begin the air fryer diced potatoes, wash the potatoes, and peel them. Then dice into small cubes and place them into a large bowl. I peel my potatoes, but you can leave them unpeeled if you prefer it that way.
Next, drizzle the diced potatoes with olive oil. You can also use any type of vegetable oil. Then sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper. Then toss together to evenly coat all the potatoes with the oil and seasonings.
Now, put the seasoned potatoes into the basket of the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Once the potatoes are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer basket and transfer them to your serving dish of choice. I like to top mine with some of my sriracha chili sauce or microwave nacho cheese sauce!
How to Store and Reheat Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
Air fried diced potatoes will keep in the fridge for up to one week when covered or stored in a container. To reheat, simply put them in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium power or in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes.
As for freezing, you can freeze air fryer potatoes in a sealed bag for many months, but they don’t always keep well. If you do freeze, when you go to reheat, I suggest putting them on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they crisp up. This will take varying times depending on the portion you are reheating, but will be around 20 minutes.
Air Fried Diced Potatoes Variations
These air fryer diced potatoes are delicious just the way they are keeping it simple, but if you like it’s super easy to add some extra flavor to the recipe. You will want to add any additional herb or spice at the same time you add the oil, salt, and pepper. Then just toss together and cook as stated in the recipe.
I often like to add smoked paprika to my potatoes for a little Spanish flair. Garlic powder is yummy too along with onion powder. Rosemary or thyme could be nice if you are serving the diced potatoes with dinner. The options and variations are limitless you can modify the seasonings any way you like to cater to your taste.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
Potatoes go with almost anything! That’s what makes them such a staple and why almost every household has a bag of potatoes in the pantry. And these air fryer diced potatoes are no different. You can serve them as a side with any meal you like. Here are some of my favorites.
- Eggs Scrambled with Green Onions
- Slow Cooker Chicken Onion Stew
- Eggs Baked in Portobello Mushrooms
- Easy Whole Baked Whitefish
- Mexican Style Scrambled Eggs
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air frying is so simple and easy! It’s a healthy and fun way to cook. It’s amazing how many different types of foods you can make using an air fryer. These are a few of my latest air fryer recipes.
- Homemade Meatloaf in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Crab Cakes in the Air Fryer
- Naan Bread in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
- Frozen Tamales in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Wash your potatoes and peel. You can also use unpeeled potatoes. Then dice the potatoes into small cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Drizzle the raw diced potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Then toss to coat evenly with the oil and seasonings. You can use as much oil and seasonings as you like.
- Put the diced potatoes into the air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 20 minutes. Halfway through cooking at 10 minutes remove the air fryer basket and shake it so that the potatoes cook evenly. Then put the potatoes back into the air fryer to finish cooking.
- When done, remove the cooked diced potatoes from the air fryer and put on your serving dish of choice to enjoy.
- Frozen Pierogies in the Instant Pot
- Apple Cake with Almond Flour- Gluten-Free
- Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Instant Pot
- Baked Potatoes In Air Fryer
- Roasted Potatoes In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Crispy Potato Fries
- Sweet Potatoes In Air Fryer