This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This is a quick recipe for when you’re in a hurry! All you need to do is add some frozen pierogies to your Instant Pot with water, and they will be steamed to perfection in no time! So tender and delicious when done!
Instant Pot Frozen Pierogies
Pierogies are a delicious, comforting treat, typically filled with potato and cheese, but they also come in other flavors with meat and cheese combinations. You can use whatever kind you like for this recipe!
All you have to do is add the pierogies to your Instant Pot with water. Its so easy and delicious! The easiest way to make steamed peirogies is in the Instant Pot. They will be perfectly steamed!
If you don’t happen to have an Instant Pot but do have an air fryer, try out my recipe for Air Fried Pierogies! Air Fryer Frozen Pierogies
I love having some pierogies when I am in the mood for cozy, comforting food, especially in the winter!
Never had one before? Essentially pierogies are dumplings made with unleavened dough wrapped around a sweet or savory filling. They can be cooked in boiling water and often pan-fried. Traditionally they are served with some sour cream and applesauce!
Originally pierogies came from Central and Eastern Europe before being brought to the United States through immigrants. Pierogies have become a popular food here now and it is easy to find frozen ones in the grocery store.
How to Prepare Frozen Pierogies in the Instant Pot
This recipe couldn’t be any easier! All you need is a package of frozen pierogies and some water!
You can cook the pierogies right from frozen – no need to defrost first!
As I mentioned, you can use any type of pierogi for this recipe. I just happen to like the potato and cheese flavor the best!
First you will add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
Then open the package of pierogies and pour into the Instant Pot.
Make sure they are not sticking together, so pull them apart if need be.
Then close the Instant Pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
Press the Pressure Cook button and set the time to cook for 1 minute on High pressure.
When the Instant Pot is finished, use the Quick Release function to release the steam through the valve.
When the pin has dropped, it is safe the open the Instant Pot and scoop out the pierogies using a slotted spoon and place on a serving plate.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Pierogies
I love a good pierogi! But they are even more delicious when served with some sour cream and applesauce! If you want to try making your own applesauce, try my recipe for Instant Pot Applesauce – Easy Homemade Pressure Cooker Applesauce Recipe.
If you want a more filling meal for your pierogies, I recommend pairing with 1 or 2 of the following ideas:
- Air Fryer Peppers And Onions
- Easy Matzo Ball Soup Recipe Anyone Can Make
- Trader Joe’s Frozen Potato Latkes In The Air Fryer
- Homemade Potato Pancakes Recipe – Authentic Jewish Latkes, Best Ever!
More Instant Pot Recipes
How did you like this recipe for Instant Pot Frozen Pierogies? I love using my Instant Pot to cook a whole variety of meals and foods! Check out my suggestions below for what to try next!
- Instant Pot Frozen Potstickers Or Dumplings
- Instant Pot Eye Of Round Roast Beef
- Instant Pot Sausage And Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chickpeas
- Instant Pot Mushroom Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Frozen Pierogies
- 1 Package frozen pierogies
- 1 Cup Water
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Slotted spoon
- Pour water into the Instant Pot.
- Add in pierogies, separating if stuck together.
- Close lid and set valve to sealing position. Set to cook for 1 minute on High Pressure.
- Use the Quick Release function to release the steam.
- When safe, open lid and remove cooked pierogi using a slotted spoon.
- Instant Pot Egg Roll In A Bowl
- Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs
- Instant Pot Frozen White Castle Sliders
- Instant Pot Frozen Tamales