Instant Pot egg roll in a bowl is your perfect healthy low-carb dinner! Ready in 10 minutes from start to finish!
“Egg roll in a bowl” tastes like the egg roll without a wrapper 🙂 If you can’t get enough of the egg roll filling and want to eat it with a spoon, this will surely satisfy your craving! If you are looking for classic egg rolls in wrappers, check out my easy authentic egg roll recipe.
Instant Pot surely makes life easier 🙂 This egg roll in a bowl dinner is ready in 10 minutes from start to finish thanks to amazing Instant Pot! So easy and yummy!
No Instant Pot? No problem! For a stovetop version of this recipe, see my classic easy eggroll in a bowl. Enjoy!
If you are cutting carbs from your diet, this Instant Pot egg roll in a bowl recipe is a dream come true! It’s a complete meal that consists of meat and vegetables – and it’s so yummy that you won’t miss the carbs! Perfect for any low-carb diet including keto!
Egg roll in a bowl is made with very simple ingredients – ground pork or chicken, coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots), chicken stock, soy sauce, minced garlic and ground ginger. Simple ingredients produce a delicious one-pot meal, made super easy in your Instant Pot!
Making egg roll in a bowl is super easy. First use the Saute function of the Instant Pot to cook the ground meat, then add the coleslaw mix, chicken stock, soy sauce, minced garlic and ground ginger. Close the lid of the Instant Pot and use the “Pressure Cook” function with the time set to ZERO minutes. When it beeps, do the quick release (QR) of the steam, transfer to bowls and serve.
Coleslaw mix cooks really quickly and zero minutes is enough (it still takes several minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure before the timer countdown and that’s when it will cook). In fact, I use the “zero minute” technique for cooking many vegetables in the Instant Pot, such as Instant Pot green beans, cauliflower and broccoli.
Egg roll in a bowl is delicious topped with the fresh chopped green onions! A 10-minute recipe that’s a one-pot meal and happens to be healthy – you owe it to yourself to add this to your “make this week” recipe list right now!
If you like Instant Pot egg roll in a bowl, you will also like these easy recipes:
Instant Pot Adobo Chicken – this authentic Filipino dish is also low-carb and healthy and super flavorful! So easy to make in your Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken – so easy to make with finger-lickin’ honey-mustard sauce!
Instant Pot Broccoli – cook veggies to perfection in your Instant Pot! So healthy and yummy!
Instant Pot Drumsticks – got a package of frozen chicken legs in the freezer? Make this recipe!
Instant Pot Applesauce – so easy to make and flavorful, no added sugar – amazing!
- 1 lb ground pork, turkey or chicken
- 1 package (16 oz) coleslaw mix
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- Optional chopped green onions, for garnish
- In a cup, mix chicken stock, soy sauce, minced garlic, ground ginger and sesame oil and set aside.
- Open the lid of the Instant Pot and set the Instant Pot to a Saute setting. Add ground meat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix and the chicken stock mixture to the Instant Pot/
- Close the Instant Pot lid, select "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" option and set the time to zero minutes (zero minutes pressure cooking is enough time to cook the cabbage, the cooking will be done while the Instant Pot is coming to pressure).
- When the timer beeps, do a quick release (QR) of the steam, open the Instant Pot and mix everything to combine.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with chopped green onions if desired.