This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Get ready, because you’re going to totally love this Instant Pot cherry tomato sauce recipe! If you have never made your own tomato sauce before, you will be shocked at how easy it is to make and how delicious it is! Best of all, no need to peel or cut the tomatoes!
Most of us go straight to the grocery store when it comes to tomato sauce. Most people have no clue how easy it is to make their own sauce at home! Using your Instant Pot makes it easier than ever to make delicious homemade pasta sauce. This Instant Pot Cherry Tomato Sauce recipe is one of my favorites and only takes about twenty minutes to make! Most of us have never even tried making pasta sauce at home, but believe me when I tell you it is so, so easy. Try this and you will never want to go back to store-bought sauces again!
Maybe you’re a gardener who has a plant providing more cherry tomatoes than you know what to do with? Or simply bought a huge box of cherry tomatoes in the store on sale? This recipe is a great way to use those delicious red beauties. Using fresh cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and seasonings, this recipe is incredibly flavorful without taking long to prepare. You probably have the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
This sauce is so easy to make. You’ll start with just your cherry tomatoes and water in the Instant Pot. When your tomatoes are done cooking, quick release the steam and open the lid. Put your cooked cherry tomatoes and liquid into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Add your oil and garlic to the Instant Pot and press “Saute.” Add in the cherry tomato mixture and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring every thirty seconds for five minutes, or until your tomato sauce has reached that perfect thickness.
That is all there is to this delicious Instant Pot Cherry Tomato Sauce recipe :) It’s so easy to make and tastes so fresh! And no need to peel or cut the tomatoes!
Imagine some perfectly prepared pasta (check out Instant Pot pasta recipe) topped with this delicious sauce! It has my mouth watering already! Rich and full of flavor, this sauce is seriously amazing. Spaghetti, mostaccioli, manicotti, or even atop a pizza, with this Instant Pot Cherry Tomato Sauce the possibilities are endless. It is a game changer. No more sauce in a can or jar for me :)
If you like Instant Pot Cherry Tomatoes Sauce, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Instant Pot BBQ Sauce – once you try homemade barbecue sauce, you’ll never want to have one from the bottle!
- Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce – this homemade cranberry sauce is made with fresh cranberries and tastes amazing!
- Instant Pot Meatballs – use a cherry tomato sauce you just made for this easy meatball recipe!
- Instant Pot Pasta – cooking pasta in the Instant Pot is a game changer! No need to drain!
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash – watching the carbs? Serve the cherry tomato sauce over spaghetti squash instead of pasta :)
Instant Pot Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put water and cherry tomatoes in the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the vent to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 5 minutes on High pressure.
- When it's done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam and open the lid. Transfer cooked cherry tomatoes and liquid to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Add oil and minced garlic to the Instant Pot. Press the "Saute" button and set the time to 15 minutes. After 1 minute, add the cherry tomato mixture and Italian seasoning to the Instant Pot. Cook, stirring every 30 seconds, for 5 minutes, or until the desired thickness of the tomato sauce is reached.