This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
The air fryer is perfect for cooking frozen potato latkes without having to fry them in oil! It takes almost no time at all and the latkes are so crispy and golden brown! Delicious!
For this recipe I used the frozen latkes from Trader Joe’s, but if you can’t find them you could try making frozen hashbrown patties in the air fryer instead. Also, check out my recipe for latkes from scratch :)
Have you ever tried latkes before? They are historically from Eastern Europe and essentially a potato pancake made by combining grated potatoes with onion and egg to bind it together. The recipe was created in the 18th or early 19th century and latkes were cooked in goose fat originally!
Traditionally they are served for Hannukah with apple sauce and sour cream. But, potato pancakes are great year round, especially for breakfast for brunch!
Generally latkes are fried in a lot of oil, but this recipe is much healthier and they still become nice and crisp on the outside while tender and soft inside!
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Potato Pancakes
These frozen latkes are great to keep around for when you need a quick side or a simple meal! Just place in the air fryer and you’ll have crispy latkes in minutes!
All you need to do is lightly spray your air fryer basket with some non-stick cooking oil spray.
Then place in the latkes in a single layer. I was able to fit 6 in mine comfortably. No need to defrost, just use them completely frozen!
Next set the air fryer temperature to 400F for 9 minutes total.
About halfway through cooking, remove the air fryer basket. Using a spatula, flip over each latke to the other side.
Place the basket back in the air fryer and let it finish cooking.
When done, serve and enjoy!
Make sure to let cool slightly before serving to children.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
You can serve these potato pancakes on their own as an appetizer with some sour cream and applesauce. Or you can have them as a side for a bigger meal such as dinner or even breakfast! They are great with some smoked salmon on top too.
Here are some recipe ideas for what to serve alongside potato pancakes:
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Omelette
- Air Fryer Sausage
- Instant Pot Beef Brisket – Brisket is a popular Jewish recipe and would go well with these latkes for dinner!
- Bread Machine Challah Recipe – Another traditional Jewish recipe!
- Israeli Salad Recipe With Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Onions and Parsley – This salad would be a nice refreshing side dish to balance out the potato pancakes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this air fryer recipe for potato latkes, be sure to check out my other favorite air fryer recipes! You can cook almost anything in the air fryer!
- Air Fryer Pilsbury Biscuits
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Frozen Waffles In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Roasted Figs
- Canned Pilsbury Cinnamon Rolls In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Jamaican Beef Patties
- Frozen Jamaican Beef Patties
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Place the frozen Jamaican beef patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Put the basket into the air fryer and cook at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When done, remove the beef patties from the air fryer and enjoy!