Instant Pot Frozen Tamales
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Did you know you can use your Instant Pot to steam frozen tamales? Well you can! This is a quick and easy way to perfectly cook a frozen tamale for lunch or dinner!
You can keep frozen tamales on hand in your freezer so whenever you are in the mood for one or need something quick, just pull them out. They cook in 20 minutes so you can be eating perfectly steamed tamales in no time. The Instant Pot makes cooking tamales a breeze! Requires no prep and virtually no clean up either.
Great for kids looking for a big snack or just when you need something simple in a hurry!
These are great on their own or you can serve with some additional sides. I have recommendations below!
How to Cook Frozen Tamales in the Instant Pot
I used the Trader Joes Beef Tamales in this recipe, but you can use any brand you like. You can even cook more than 2 at a time if you like.
First open the Instant Pot and place the metal trivet inside with handles facing up.
Next add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Place the frozen tamales on top of the trivet.
Then close the lid and seal the pressure valve in the closed position.
Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on High for 20 minutes.
That’s it! Now sit back and relax while the Instant Pot does all the cooking.
When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, use the quick release function to open the valve and let out the steam.
Use tongs to remove the tamales as they will be hot.
Unwrap the tamale and enjoy!
- Make sure to cut open and let cool slightly before serving to children as they will be very hot.
- No need to defrost these. They can be cooked right from the freezer!
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, consider steaming them in a sauté pan.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Frozen Tamales
These tamales make a filling bite on their own if you just need something quick and easy. But you can add on some sides to make it a more filling meal! You can also add on some hot sauce for a spicy kick!
Here are some of my recommendations for sides:
Easy Guacamole Recipe – Best Ever Authentic Mexican Restaurant-Style!
These sides are all optional but add something extra to make a more complete meal!
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you enjoyed these Instant Pot Frozen Tamales, check out some of my other recipes:
Instant Pot Frozen Tamales
- 1 Package Frozen Tamales
- 1 Cup Water
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Intant Pot Trivet
- First open the instant pot and place the metal trivet inside.
- Add 1 cup of water to the instant pot.
- Place the tamales on the trivet. You can use more than 2 if you want.
- Close the lid and seal the valve.
- Set to Pressure Cook on High for 20 minutes.
- When done cooking, use the quick release to release the pressure.
- Remove with tongs. Unwrap and enjoy!
See some of my other favorite Mexican-inspired recipes:
- Easy Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup Crock-Pot 5-Ingredient Recipe
- Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Enchiladas
- Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!