This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This Mexican-style lasagna recipe uses flour tortillas instead of pasta! This combination of Mexican flavors is so tasty – beans, corn, salsa, cheese and tortillas. The ingredients are layered like lasagna in a baking dish and baked in the oven until piping hot – yum!
Mexican lasagna recipe has no meat in it, so it’s a perfect vegetarian main dish. It’s extremely filling and tasty, so even meat eaters love it! Mexican lasagna is much easier to make then traditional lasagna – you don’t need to boil the lasagna noodles and don’t need to pre-cook any ingredients. Just layer the ingredients into the baking dish and bake in the oven – this recipe is perfect for busy people!
Mexican lasagna also reheats very well, it’s just as tasty the next day, so you can always refrigerate the leftovers and enjoy them again tomorrow!
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) vegetarian low-fat refried beans
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1½ cup salsa (mild, medium or spicy, whichever you prefer)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray (I use glass Pyrex dish).
- In a large bowl, mix black beans, refried beans, corn, salsa and chopped green onions.
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave (2 at at time for 30 seconds).
- Put two tortillas on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread half of the bean mixture over the tortillas.
- Top with two more tortillas.
- Spread the remaining bean mixture on top.
- Put the remaining two tortillas on top.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Put the Mexican lasagna in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Cut the Mexican lasagna into squares and serve. It’s so delicious topped with guacamole!