This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice tastes exactly like the rice from Chipotle! So fresh, flavorful and easy to make!
Based on the fact how popular is my regular (stovetop) cilantro-lime rice recipe, there are so many Chipotle lovers out there! I have published it several years ago before I even heard of the Instant Pot. What’s the next logical thing to do? Adapt it to the Instant Pot of course!
Introducing… drumroll… Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice! This mouthwatering rice just screams “Freshness”! Can you smell cilantro and lime?
Look at the green specks of cilantro! Taste the fresh bursts of flavor in every bite! Lime juice gives the rice such a clean flavor, you just want to eat more and more and more! Plus there is just a touch of garlic, not enough to be overpowering but just enough to increase the addictiveness!
Instant Pot cilantro lime rice can be made with white or brown rice – your choice! Instant Pot can cook either type of rice to perfection – see my recipes for perfect Instant Pot write rice and perfect Instant Pot brown rice.
I like the health benefits of brown rice, so I usually make my cilantro-lime rice with brown (and that’s what you see on the photos). You can even make this dish with quinoa instead of rice (see my Instant Pot quinoa recipe).
This recipe makes a big batch of Cilantro Lime Rice for a fraction of the price of going to Chipotle. I also have a recipe for copycat Chipotle peppers and onions – soon your house will turn into Chipotle :) A great thing about this rice is that it makes great leftovers, reheats really well and you can even freeze it in ziploc bags for later. It’s super versatile, you can add it to tacos, burritos, mix with proteins such as cooked chicken or beans or eat as a side dish. How’s homemade Chipotle burrito bowl? And serve my best ever guacamole on the side :)
If you like this Instant Pot cilantro-lime rice, you will love these other easy recipes:
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken – serve it over this cilantro-lime rice, mmmmmm!
Best Ever Guacamole – this authentic Mexican guacamole is the only guacamole recipe you’ll ever need! Truly the best ever!
Instant Pot Mushrooms – these mushrooms are so hearty and delicious! Serve them over cilantro-lime rice for a filling plant-based meal!
Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts – another Instant Pot winner! These brussels sprouts are so yummy and good for you, now you have no excuse not to add more of them into your diet!
Instant Pot Meatballs With Rice – yes, rice inside the meatballs! These are a classic old-fashioned dish called “porcupine meatballs” because of how the rice sticks out of them. Made cool and hip again thanks to the Instant Pot :)
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice (White or Brown)
- 2 cups rice rinsed (you can use white or brown rice)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro minced
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put rice, water and salt in the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position.
- Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button. Set the time for 5 minutes on High pressure for white rice (or 22 minutes on High pressure for brown rice).
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, let the pressure release naturally (NR) for 10 minutes, then quick release (QR) the remaining steam.
- Open the lid of the Instant Pot and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Add the lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic and cilantro to the rice, stirring with a fork until evenly distributed. Add additional lime juice and cilantro to taste if desired.
- Cilantro-lime rice can be served immediately, or refrigerated for later and reheated, or even frozen in ziploc containers.