Instant Pot Lentils And Brown Rice
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
One-pot dinners are where it is at and this Instant Pot Lentils and Brown Rice recipe is a winner! It is an easy and healthy dinner that doesn’t require a million dishes and includes ingredients that you are going to love.
Have you tried a one-pot dinner? I am telling you they are incredibly easy and this one is also incredibly healthy. In this case, it isn’t even one pot… it’s one Instant Pot. Even though the cook time is thirty minutes, the recipe requires only dumping in your ingredients. Then you can walk away and attend to the rest of your busy life knowing you have a healthy dinner on the way. To top it off, this recipe is vegan! It can’t be beat with all these great characteristics!
Lentils are a great vegan source of protein and with this Instant Pot Lentils and Brown Rice recipe, they are full of flavor. Taco seasoning and chopped tomatoes make this recipe anything but bland! It is so flavorful you’ll hardly believe you made it in your own kitchen without standing over a stove for an hour.
It is great for reheating, too, so you can make a batch and enjoy it for lunch the next day!
The simple ingredients in this recipe are affordable and easy to locate. You probably already have them in your kitchen. Combining delicious lentils, decadent olive oil, and flavorful taco seasoning, this recipe is absolutely amazing. And making this recipe couldn’t get much easier. Simply dump your ingredients in the Instant Pot, close and seal the lid, and cook. That is all there is to this delicious one-pot dinner. When it is done cooking, top with some green onion and serve it up!
Some people hear “vegan” and anticipate a meal without flavor, full of rare ingredients, that takes forever to prepare. Not the case with this delicious Instant Pot Lentils and Brown Rice recipe. No need for a bunch of appliances and dishes, this is a no-fuss vegan option that is healthy and delicious.
Whether you are a vegan or not, you’ll enjoy this savory brown rice and lentil combination. It brings together unexpected flavors in a way that will wow you! With just three steps to complete, it is as easy as it is flavorful. Don’t wait to try this delicious combination! It is a don’t miss recipe you’ll want to enjoy again and again!
If you like like Instant Pot lentils and brown rice, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Lentil Spinach Soup – this soup is so hearty and filling, it’s a meal in itself!
- Instant Pot Baked Apples – healthy dessert made in the Instant Pot, so delicious!
- Instant Pot Quinoa – cooking quinoa in the Instant Pot is so easy!
- Instant Pot Eggplant – this spicy garlic eggplant dish is so addictive!
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes – perfectly baked sweet potatoes, so much quicker than making them in the oven!
Instant Pot Lentils And Brown Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions for garnish
- Put brown rice, lentils, water, oil, Taco seasoning and chopped tomatoes in the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the vent to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 23 minutes on High pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, let the pressure release naturally (NR) for 10 minutes, then quick release (QR) the remaining steam.
- Open the lid and mix the contents of the Instant Pot so everything is combined. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.
Hi, Thank you for your vegan recepies, particularly those in the instant pot. They are a go-to staple of mine. In your “Instant pot lentils and brown rice” recepie, what size is the can of tomatoes?
I’d like to leave the oil out. Do you think it would still work?
Yes, it will work perfectly without oil.
Are the lentils red or green/brown?
You can use any color lentils, I used red.
Thank you so much for sharing this delicious easy recipe! I used red lentils like you did and omitted the olive oil. I also added 1 tsp of garlic salt and 1 tsp of smoked paprika. It was amazing and I’ll be adding this to my rotation!