This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This Instant Pot spicy garlic eggplant is so addictive! Cooked to perfection in minutes, each bite is bursting with flavor!
Looking for Instant Pot eggplant recipes? You’ve stumbled upon a perfect one :) Chopped eggplant is seasoned with garlic, red pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, olive oil and tomato sauce, which bring out such deep flavor! This eggplant is tender, smooth and well-seasoned – perfect served over rice, as a side dish or on top of toast!
This Instant Pot garlic eggplant recipe is the second eggplant recipe I made in my Instant Pot (the first one was baba ganoush). When mulling over the eggplant recipe ideas, I decided to adapt my popular roasted spicy garlic eggplant recipe to the Instant Pot. The original recipe calls for baking seasoned eggplant slices in the oven, but for the Instant Pot version I decided to cut the eggplant into cubes. The final product is like a coarsely chopped version of eggplant caviar, and it is so addictive!
This spicy eggplant is really healthy – it’s low in carbs and full of nutrients! Easy and yummy low-carb dish in your recipe arsenal is always welcome :)
You can eat this Instant Pot garlic eggplant many different ways. Since the eggplant is very hearty and filling, it can serve as a vegan meat substitute – laddle this spicy garlic eggplant over rice or quinoa for a complete plant-based meal. Or you can serve it as a vegetable side dish alongside meat or fish. Or you can spread it on a slice of bread – you can take it even further by turning it into eggplant bruschetta!
If you liked Instant Pot spicy garlic eggplant, you will also love these easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Eggplant Dip – tastes exactly like the baba ganoush from the Middle Eastern restaurants! You’ll want to lick the whole bowl!
- Instant Pot Fajitas – peppers and onions cook to perfection in Instant Pot in minutes!
- Instant Pot Baby Potatoes – these buttery dilled little potatoes are so cute! Tender and mouthwatering!
- Instant Pot Ribs – best ever, truly fall-off-the-bone! Better than any restaurant!
- Instant Pot Beets – perfectly cooked tender beets in your Instant Pot, you’ll never want to cook them any other way!
Don’t own an Instant Pot and are wondering what am I talking about? Read my article “What Is An Instant Pot”.
Already a fan and want more Instant Pot recipes? Click here to browse my whole Instant Pot recipe collection.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika (optional)
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup tomato sauce or ketchup
- ½ cup water
- Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes (peeling is optional, I personally don't peel the eggplant).
- Pour ½ cup of water into the Instant Pot. Add cubed eggplant to the Instant Pot (do not stir).
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn the vent to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 5 minutes on High pressure.
- Once Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam. Drain the eggplant in a colander.
- Return the Inner pot to the Instant Pot and pour olive oil in it. Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot and set the time to 10 minutes. Add the eggplant back to the Instant Pot, add the garlic powder, red pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and tomato sauce and mix until combined. Cook the eggplant mixture, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.