Rich, creamy, and delicious… macaroni and cheese is a recipe that tastes like home. Once you have tried making Mac N Cheese in the Instant Pot, you’ll never do it any other way!
Mac n cheese is an all-time favorite for many families. Kids and adults alike enjoy this classic dish. A favorite for many families, macaroni and cheese is instant happiness. This Instant Pot Mac N Cheese recipes makes serving this family favorite easier than ever.
In just fifteen minutes, you can have delicious homemade macaroni and cheese ready to go. No need to spend an entire hour making this meal, you don’t even need to boil your macaroni noodles! With just five ingredients and fifteen minutes, you can have cheesy, gooey Instant Pot Mac N Cheese. That is easier than buying a box of macaroni and cheese from the grocery store (and no instant cheese powder in sight)!
If I ever doubted how much I love my Instant Pot, not having to pre-boil my macaroni for mac n cheese reignited my flame. You read that right, no need to pre-cook your pasta. Are you convinced that you have to try this instant pot take on a classic family favorite?
You start this quick and easy recipe by putting macaroni, water, and salt in your instant pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a sealing position. Press “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” and set the timer to 2minutes on High pressure. When your pasta is done cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining steam and open your instant pot’s lid. After your macaroni is cooked, press the “Saute” button of the instant pot. Add the heavy cream and stir. Mix in cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese has melted. Remove the mac n cheese from the instant pot and serve it right away.
If you are craving taste of childhood or looking for a classic meal to your own family, look no further than this Instant Pot Mac N Cheese. Using your instant pot makes making macaroni and cheese easier than ever. No boiling water, no cooking noodles ahead of time, no pre-heating, no oven, no pots and pans, no baking dish. Creamy and mouthwatering, this Instant Pot Mac N Cheese would be perfect for a family gathering, a fast and delicious dinner, or a potluck. It is easy to make and absolutely delicious.
If you like Instant Pot Mac N Cheese, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Instant Pot Pasta – how to cook any type of pasta in your Instant Pot 🙂
- Instant Pot Meatballs – these classic Italian meatballs are so juicy and tender!
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken – make Rotisserie chicken at home in your Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes – taste just like oven baked and ready in 30 minutes!
- Instant Pot Hot Dogs – this is a best way to cook lots of hot dogs for a crowd!
Instant Pot Mac N Cheese
- 1 box elbow macaroni (16 oz)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream (or evaporated milk or whole milk)
- 1 package shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Put macaroni, water and salt in the Instant Pot. Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 2 minutes on High pressure.
- When it's done cooking, let the pressure release naturally (NR) for 5 minutes with the Instant Pot still plugged in, then quick release (QR) the remaining steam and open the lid.
- Press the "Saute" button of the Instant Pot.
- Add the heavy cream and stir. Add the Cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove mac n cheese from the Instant Pot and serve immediately.