This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This recipe takes boxed Macaroni N Cheese and makes it beyond easy. I know, I know… you’re thinking, “How could Kraft Macaroni N Cheese get any easier?” With the Instant Pot, of course!
For grown-up tastes, I have an excellent recipe of Instant Pot mac n cheese from scratch with real cheese. But if you got picky kids who demands the boxed Kraft macaroni and cheese, you can cook it in the Instant Pot too :) The advantage of using the Instant Pot over the stove top is that you don’t need to drain it and also you can walk away without the fear of burning down your kitchen!
In fact, Instant Pot is the only way I cook pasta from now on. Check out my detailed tutorial on how to cook pasta in the Instant Pot – once you try it, you’ll never go back to the pot of boiling water!
To make Kraft Macaroni N Cheese in your Instant Pot, you put macaroni and water in the Instant Pot, close it, and turn it on. Cook for 2 minutes on High pressure, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, than quick release the remaining pressure. Add milk, butter and the contents of the cheese packet, stir and you are done. That is it. I promised simplicity! No need for boiling and straining noodles. No need to pull out your pots and pans and strainer. Start to finish, this recipe takes only ten minutes and uses just your Instant Pot. Bonus, this take on classic Kraft Mac N Cheese virtually eliminates cleanup. That is something everyone can get excited about!
Another great benefit to this method? You can cook several boxes of Kraft Macaroni N Cheese all at once! A great option when you are feeding a crowd! If you’re cooking more than one box, you’ll just need to add enough water to cover the macaroni. Then add ¼ cup of milk and four tablespoons of butter per box and all the cheese packets and you are in business.
Kraft Macaroni N Cheese is a childhood staple meal and this method for cooking it makes it faster and easier than ever. Is there anything an Instant Pot can’t improve? Just when I thought there was no way to make cheesy, buttery macaroni and cheese from a box better, my Instant Pot made life simpler.
Maybe you are a parent and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is a favorite for your family? Or, maybe you just love to enjoy it solo. Whatever your fancy, this easy method for preparing mac n cheese is as delicious as the traditional stovetop method, but faster, easier, and requires less cleanup. That means more time for all things that you have in your busy day. It takes the time out of dinner preparation and tastes great.
If you like this Instant Pot boxed mac and cheese, you will also like these easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Hot Dogs – perfect way to cook hot dogs for a crowd!
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken – so finger-lickin’ good, everyone loves it!
- Instant Pot Burgers – who needs to stand over the grill when you’ve got an Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes – once you try baking them in the Instant Pot, you’ll never use the oven again!
- Instant Pot Banana Bread – so moist and delicious and full of banana flavor!
Instant Pot Boxed Kraft Macaroni N Cheese
- 1 box (7.25 oz) Kraft macaroni & cheese
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- Put macaroni and water in the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the vent to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 2 minutes on High pressure.
- When it's done cooking, let the pressure release naturally (NR) for 5 minutes, then quick release (QR) the remaining steam.
- Open the Instant Pot and add milk, butter and the contents of the cheese packet. Mix the macaroni and cheese with a spoon so the cheese powder turns into sauce and the sauce is evenly distributed.