This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Just put boxed hamburger helper in the Instant Pot and it will cook it to perfection! Instant Pot boxed hamburger helper is so delicious and I know you’ll love cooking it in the Instant pot pressure cooker as much as I do.
Instant Pot Boxed Hamburger Helper
If you are short on time and inspiration, why not grab a box of Hamburger helper?
Hamburger helper is a perfect easy Instant Pot dinner!
I used the cheeseburger macaroni flavor, but you can use whichever flavor you prefer! The cooking instructions will be the same.
My kids love having this dish and it is great for feeding the whole family.
You can add traditional ground beef to it or even try it with hotdogs!
How to Prepare Instant Pot Boxed Hamburger Helper
This recipe is quite easy to prepare! Just follow the instructions below and you’ll have dinner ready in no time thanks to the Instant Pot!
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
- 1 Box of Hamburger Helper
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of Milk
The first step is to open the package of beef and add it to the instant pot.
Set the instant pot to sauté. The time doesn’t matter so you can just leave whatever amount of time it says.
It will only take 4 to 5 minutes to brown the meat.
Using a spatula, stir the meat around to help it brown evenly while it sautés. This takes around 5 minutes total.
Add in some salt for seasoning or any other seasonings you would like.
When finished, add in the hamburger helper noodles and then the sauce packet into the meat mixture.
Next you will add in 1 cup of water and 2 cups of milk to the mixture. Stir together.
Then close the lid of the instant pot and set it to pressure cook on High for 2 minutes, making sure the pressure valve is in sealing position.
When the pressure is finished, use the Quick Release method to open the valve and let out the pressure.
Stir together the mixture and pour into a serving dish for your meal. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
What to Serve with Instant Pot Hamburger Helper
Although this recipe is pretty filling on its own, you can certainly add a side to make it a more balanced meal! I would recommend a side of veggies or a salad to go with it. Here are some suggestions!
- Sauteed Lettuce Recipe – How To Use Up Leftover Lettuce Mix
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
- Zucchini Radish Salad
- Green Beans Tomato Feta Salad Recipe
More Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for some more Instant Pot recipes? I have plenty of variety to choose from! Here are some delicious ideas below:
- Love pasta? I have an easy ravioli recipe for you to try: Instant Pot Frozen Ravioli
- You can even cook burgers in the Instant Pot! Instant Pot Frozen Burgers
- Soup is another easy dish to make in the Instant Pot: Instant Pot Lentil Quinoa Soup
- Want to make your favorite dumplings at home? Instant Pot Frozen Potstickers Or Dumplings
Instant Pot Boxed Hamburger Helper
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Open package of ground beef and add to Instant pot on sauté setting.
- Stir for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Season with salt or other seasonings as desired.
- Next add in the hamburger helper pasta and the sauce packet into the instant pot.
- Then add in water and milk. Stir.
- Set Instant pot to High pressure with valve in sealing position for 2 minutes.
- When finished, release the valve using the quick release method.
- Stir the mixture together.
- Carefully remove the pot and pour into a serving dish.
- Instant Pot Macaroni And Cheese From Scratch
- Instant Pot Kraft Mac And Cheese
- Instant Pot Ravioli
- Instant Pot Tortellini
- Instant Pot Boxed Stuffing