This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This recipe for dried tortellini in the Instant Pot is amazing! You can have a delicious healthy dinner that both adults and kids will love on the table in just under 10 minutes!
Instant Pot Dried Tortellini
You will love cooking dried tortellini in the Instant Pot. It’s so simple that all you have to do is toss some dried tortellini and water into your Instant Pot pressure cooker and in a few minutes, you will have yummy tortellini cooked to perfection. Then if you want you can add a sauce of your choice to the cooked tortellini like a marinara and dinner is ready in no time!
This is the perfect tortellini recipe for busy moms as well as anyone who wants a quick meal that takes little effort and is both filling and good for you. My family just loves it!
How to Make Dried Tortellini in the Instant Pot
This recipe only requires one ingredient! How amazing is that! Literally, all you need is:
- 1 16oz bag of dried tortellini
- 5 cups of water
It doesn’t get much better than that. Right!?! Easy peasy and ready in no time.
To drain the tortellini, just remove the inner pot of the Instant Pot and pour it into a colander.
If you would like to add sauce put the cooked tortellini back into the warm inner pot. Then add as much sauce as you would like and stir to evenly cover the tortellini. To make sure the sauce is warmed through let the tortellini sit in the Instant Pot for an additional minute.
Now, pour the perfectly cooked tortellini into your serving dish and enjoy!
How to Store and Reheat Tortellini
Cooked Instant Pot dried tortellini will keep in the fridge for up to one week. To reheat, I suggest adding a little more sauce or water and then popping it into the microwave for about 4 to 5 minutes on medium power. You can also reheat cooked tortellini on the stove on medium heat.
Sauce Ideas For Tortellini
You can make Instant Pot tortellini a complete meal by adding almost any sauce. Tomato sauce is a favorite and most commonly used, but other sauces such as alfredo and pesto are fantastic choices too. Whichever sauce you choose all you have to do is add the sauce to the cooked and drained tortellini in the inner pot of the Instant Pot while it’s still warm. There is no need to heat the sauce separately if you do this.
Here are a few of my best sauce recipes:
- Cherry Tomato Sauce in the Instant Pot
- Homemade Basil Pesto Sauce
- Pomi Chopped Tomatoes Sauce Recipe
- How to Make Alfredo Sauce
What to Serve with Instant Pot Dried Tortellini
Salads and vegetables are wonderful side dishes that can be served with tortellini. I love a nice kale or spinach salad with a pasta dish. And one of my other top choices is roasted vegetables.
These are some of my favorites sides that go really well with tortellini:
- Arugula Salad with Burrata and Figs
- Broccoli Roasted in the Air Fryer
- Easy Kale Salad with Raisins and Sunflower Seeds
- Spinach Salad with Apples, Cranberries, and Walnuts
- Italian Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese
More Instant Pot Recipes
Cooking in the Instant Pot is fun and easy. There are so many different things you can cook in the Instant Pot and it’s a great way to get a meal on the table quickly for the whole family.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup Made In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Frozen Tamales In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Vegan Lentil Soup With Spinach
- Eye Round Of Roast Beef Cooked In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot No Bean Keto Chili
Instant Pot Dried Tortellini
- 16 ounce package of dried tortellini
- 5 cups water
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Pour the dried tortellini into the Instant Pot.
- Add 5 cups of water.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing position. Now, press the pressure cook button and cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When done quick release the steam. Then once the steam is completely released and the pin has dropped, open up the Instant Pot to find perfectly cooked tortellini.
- Drain the tortellini by removing the inner pot of the Instant Pot and pouring into a colander.
- If you are adding sauce, pour the cooked tortellini back into the warm inner pot of the Instant Pot to ensure that the sauce is heated through. Next, add as much sauce as you would like and then stir to distribute it evenly. Now just let the tortellini with sauce sit in the Instant Pot for about a minute to heat up the sauce a little more.
- Remove the tortellini from the Instant Pot and it's ready to serve!
- Frozen Naan Bread In The Air Fryer
- Homemade Gluten-Free Apple Cake With Almond Flour
- Easy Greek Baby Octopus Broiled
- How To Cook Pasta In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Ravioli In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Gnocci In The Instant Pot