Zucchini Radish Salad
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This crunchy zucchini radish salad is so healthy and delicious! Full of raw veggies, it’s like a powerhouse of nutrition!
Look at this coloful salad! Green raw zucchini pieces, red crunchy radishes, purple zesty onion, red bell pepper and bright green refreshing parsley! So bright and fresh, this salad will make your day!
Put this crunchy fresh zucchini radish salad in your mouth and feel the burst of natural clean flavors. Seasoned with extra-virgin olive oil and freshly squeezed lime juice, you can smell this lime juice along with freshly chopped parsley! So amazingly yummy… and should I say “crunchy” again?
Can you eat raw zucchini?
Yes, you sure can! Raw zucchini is totally edible and is delicious! It has really mild flavor, and once you’ll try it raw, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t been eating more of raw zucchini all those years before.
Leaving zucchini raw preserves extra vitamins that would’ve been otherwise destroyed by cooking. With this delicious zucchini radish salad, you squeeze the most nutritious possible out of these fresh raw veggies!
Raw chopped zucchini is a wonderful addition to healthy salads! I have another salad recipe that uses raw zucchini – check out my raw zucchini salad with tomatoes.
Do you need to peel zucchini?
You don’t need to peel zucchini as the skin is soft and edible, you won’t even taste the peel! Why do extra work of peeling when you don’t have to :) Plus zucchini peel is very nutritious!
Also, eating zucchini with a peel helps cut down on food waste, if you are into this type of thing I have a whole section of recipes using food scraps and leftovers :)
As with any fruits and vegetables, if you are planning to eat the skin it’s best to buy organic as the pesticides and waxes are concentrated on the peel. And, of course, wash your fruits and veggies extra well to remove the chemical residue as much as possible.
How To Make Zucchini Radish Salad
Making this healthy radish zucchini salad is super easy! All you need to do is chop raw zucchini, radishes, bell pepper, onion and parsley and put it in a salad bowl (a good knife makes the task of chopping vegetables so much more pleasant, click here to see my knife recommendations). Whisk fresh lime juice and olive oil in a cup and pour over the salad. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. You are done!
Oh, and did you know that you can eat radish greens? That’s right, don’t throw them out, they are delicious! Check out my recipes for fried radish greens and radish greens pesto!
Make Ahead Salad
Great news is that this zucchini radish salad can be made ahead! It keeps well in a refrigerator for up to 5 days! That means this is a perfect option for healthy meal prep!
You can make a large batch of this salad, divide between mason jars or meal prep containers, and you’ll have these colorful exciting perfectly portioned salads waiting for you in the fridge! If you are into meal prep, check out my other mason jar salads – you’ll love them!
- Chickpea Quinoa Mason Jar Salad
- Chicken Mango Mason Jar Salad
- Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl Mason Jar Salad
- Chicken Apple Mason Jar Salad
- Japanese Soba Mason Jar Salad
What To Serve With Zucchini Radish Salad
Here are some healthy main dishes and sides that would go so well with this crunchy colorful salad:
- Spicy Chili Lime Chicken Legs – super easy to make and baked in the oven!
- Cilantro Lime Rice – tastes lime Chipotle rice!
- Simple Salsa Fish – just 2 ingredients, fish and salsa!
- Garlic Shrimp With Olive Oil – ready in 5 minutes and so addictive!
- Quinoa Avocado Bowl – so healthy and delicious!
Other Healthy Zucchini Recipes
You will also love these easy zucchini recipes on my site:
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats – zucchini stuffed with ground meat and tomato sauce, this is an awesome low-carb main dish!
- Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Fries – baked in the oven, this will become your favorite healthy side dish!
- Crunchy Zucchini Chips – this is a perfect healthy alternative to potato chips!
Zucchini Radish Salad
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 1 bunch radishes chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put chopped zucchini, radishes, bell pepper, onion and parsley in a large bowl.
- Whisk the olive oil and freshly squeezed lime juice in a cup to make a dressing.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss until combined. Add salt and peper to taste and toss until combined.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!