Sauteed Lettuce Recipe – How To Use Up Leftover Lettuce Mix
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
If you are wondering how to use up your leftover lettuce mix, try out this sautéed lettuce recipe! Just throw the lettuce in a frying pan with some oil and spices and it will cook up into a delicious and nutritious healthy side dish!
You can use any type of salad greens for this recipe that you happen to have in your fridge: romaine, spring mix, iceberg lettuce, baby spinach, you name it – it will work with all types of lettuce! Super easy recipe, you’ll love it! It will taste similar to sautéed spinach!
It’s a great way to use up any leftover lettuce when you are tired of eating salad or just have too much left to eat before it expires.
This is a healthy and fast side dish that will go with any number of main dishes, such as chicken, pasta, or rice and beans!
Health Benefits of Lettuce
How to Prepare Sautéed Lettuce
First take a frying pan and pour in some olive oil. You can use as much or as little oil as you like. If using a non-stick skillet you won’t really need any, but it adds a nice flavor.
Then turn the heat on high and add the lettuce to the frying pan altogether or as much as you would like. It will cook down quite a bit so feel free to use a lot!
Then add your seasonings. I used salt, garlic powder, and some red pepper flakes for spice. You can use black pepper if you prefer. The seasonings are up to you, use your favorites!
When you hear the oil start to sizzle, turn the heat down to medium-high. Stir to combine using a spatula or wooden spoon.
Continue to cook for about 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
When it is shrunk and cooked, turn off the heat. Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm. Add any additional seasonings as desired. Yum!
What to Serve with Sautéed Lettuce
You can serve this sautéed lettuce with a wide range of dishes to add some greens to your plate. It would go well with ant kind of meat dish, vegetarian main, or even pasta. Check out a few ideas below!
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Baked Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Almond Flour Breaded Chicken
- Baked Red Snapper Fillets With Chili and Lime
- Baked Whole Whitefish Recipe
Other Sautéed Recipes
Did you enjoy making this easy sautéed lettuce recipe? Be sure to browse some of my other delicious and simple recipes. Check out these recommendations below!
- Sauteed Bean Sprouts Recipe
- Sauteed Zucchini Recipe
- Spicy Garlic Sesame Sauteed Kale
- Sauteed Snow Peas With Garlic And Sesame
- Sauteed Mushrooms And Onions Recipe
Sautéed Lettuce Recipe
- 5 oz Lettuce
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Frying pan
- With the frying pan on the stove, turn it to high heat and pour in some olive oil as desired.
- Add in the lettuce mix.
- Season with spices according to desired amount. I used salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Let oil come to a sizzle and then lower heat to medium-high.
- Continue cooking for about 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- When done, the lettuce will have shrunk significantly.
Wow, this recipe is something I am going to try at all costs. I am in a weight management study and Lettuce/greens are encouraged, but I get bored every now and then with Lettuce so this recipe will do me some good as I love Sauteed veggies. AWESOME SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUCE!!!! Thank you for this recipe Melanie, :)