If you are in search of an impressive looking main dish ready in no time that is full of flavor, look no further. This delicious Baked Whole Whitefish recipe is incredible!
Whether you are entertaining guests or looking for a healthy and tasty dinner, this fish really hits the spot. Full of delicious flavor without being overpowering, this Baked Whole Whitefish is simple yet succulent. When I say simple, I mean simple. Just a few ingredients bring out the incredibly whitefish flavor without overpowering it. The recipe itself requires just five minutes of prep time and only thirty minutes in the oven. You basically pop your fish in the oven and walk away, it is that easy.
Fast food doesn’t have to mean an unhealthy carryout, frozen, or packaged dinner. This whitefish is ready in no time but is gluten-free, keto, low in carbs, and paleo. This Baked Whole Whitefish is full of nutrients and delicious, but does not require a pantry full of specialty ingredients. All you need for this tasty recipe is whitefish, olive oil, sliced lemon, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. With these ingredients, you are on your way to a perfectly prepared whole fish dinner!
To prepare this main dish, gather your ingredients and preheat the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment before placing the whole whitefish on top. Rub the outside of the fish and inside the fish cavity with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Next, brush the whitefish with olive oil. Make sure to coat both sides. Place half of the lemon slices inside the fish cavity and the other half on top of the whitefish.
Put your baking sheet in the oven for thirty minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. With these simple steps, you are on you way to enjoying a flavorful Baked Whole Whitefish that is a feast for the eyes and the taste buds!
Preparing a whole fish has never been easier or less intimidating than with this recipe for Baked Whole Whitefish. This preparation method is simple and quick, but leaves your whitefish full of flavor and perfectly cooked. This Baked Whole Whitefish makes a perfect main dish for entertaining, but is so tasty and fast that you can also enjoy it on any weeknight! Anything this tasty, healthy, versatile, and easy to prepare is a sure-fire winner in my book!
Like the roasted broccoli that’s on the picture with the white fish? Here’s my oven roasted broccoli recipe.
Also, check out these other side dishes to go with whole whitefish:
- Perfect Roasted Potatoes
- Cowboy Caviar Salad
- Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- Cilantro Lime Rice
Baked Whole Whitefish
- 1 whole whitefish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the whole whitefish on a baking sheet. Rub the outside of the fish and inside of the fish cavity with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Brush the whitefish with olive oil on both sides.
- Put half of the lemon slices inside the fish cavity, and put the remaining lemon slices on top of the whitefish.
- Bake whole whitefish for 30 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
If you like baked whole whitefish, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Instant Pot Whole Fish – if you are an Instant Pot owner, you can cook any whole fish in it, including whitefish!
- Baked Whole Branzino – if you never tried branzino fish, put this on your list to try asap! This is the most tender, mild and mouthwatering fish ever!
- Baked Whole Red Snapper – another awesome oven baked whole fish recipe!
- Baked Lemon Garlic Whitefish Fillets – put whitefish fillets in a casserole dish and bake with mouthwatering lemon garlic sauce!
- Cajun Whitefish – blackened with the homemade spice rub, this fish is so full of flavor!
- Simple Sauteed Whitefish – simple is best! Just pan-fried fillets in a little oil with salt and pepper.