This whole baked branzino fish is so easy to make and tastes amazing!
For many, preparing a whole fish seems daunting. It doesn’t have to be! This easy and delicious baked branzino recipe is so tender and mild it will delight even self-proclaimed fish haters! Full of flavor and easy to make, this healthy dish will become a staple in your kitchen. Taking only 35 minutes to make, this baked whole branzino fish recipe feels decadent without spending hours in the kitchen. With its mild flavor and fine texture, this tasty meal is simple to make but totally delicious.
Also known as Mediterranean sea bass, branzino has a delicate, white flesh. Adding in salt, pepper, and Italian herb seasoning enhances the delicious natural flavors of the sea bass without overpowering its sweet flavor. You’ll love this light, easy-to-make dinner that, with loads of protein, will leave you feeling full and satisfied without feeling weighed down or heavy.
Fast doesn’t have to mean unhealthy or bland. This recipe is easy, flavorful, and rich in protein. If you haven’t tried sea bass before, this recipe will have you hooked. Branzino fish is a safe and healthy seafood option that doesn’t overpower your taste-buds. With a mild, almost sweet flavor, sea bass is a crowd-pleaser that pairs excellently with the fresh, zesty flavor provided by lemon. If you’re hesitant to trying baking fish, think again. Fish doesn’t have to go in the deep fryer to taste great. Forget frying, this baked sea bass is healthy and flavorful without breading and oil.
It only takes minutes to season this dish and you won’t need to make any specialty store trips. With simple ingredients, this dish is sure to amaze. Start with sprinkling some salt, pepper, and Italian herb seasoning on your Mediterranean sea bass. After that, you’ll simply place your branzino fish on a baking sheet. Finish by slicing a lemon and placing the slices inside the fish cavity. A second sliced lemon placed on top of this fish adds a final pop of flavor. Put it in the oven and walk away. In thirty minutes, your baked whole branzino fish is ready to enjoy!
Like the sweet potatoes that are on my picture with the fish? You can roast them in the oven at the same time with branzino! Check out my roasted sweet potatoes recipe.
Easy, healthy, and flavorful – this dish is one you’ll come back to over and over again. This recipe provides heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and loads of protein while tasting great. Without requiring time over a hot stove or greasy fryer, this dish is a winner. Protein-rich, satisfying, easy, and light, this baked whole Mediterranean sea bass will delight even the most anti-fish diner. Sitting down to dine on this decadent sea bass will leave you feeling like a five-star chef while only taking 5 minutes to prep and 30 minutes in the oven!
If you like this baked branzino, you will also love these easy fish recipes:
- Baked Parmesan Crusted Salmon – cut through the Parmesan crust to reveal tender succulent salmon!
- Walnut Crusted Fish – another awesome crust option for the fish, healthy and crunchy!
- Fish in Foil Packets – wrap the fish in foil and bake in the oven, so yummy!
- Lemon Garlic Tilapia – this tender fish is baked with lemon butter sauce, delicious!
- Instant Pot Fish – if you own an Instant Pot, you can cook fish in it in minutes!
Baked Whole Branzino Fish (Sea Bass)
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle branzino fish with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, including inside the fish cavity.
- Put branzino fish on the baking sheet.
- Slice 1 lemon and put these lemon slices inside the fish cavity.
- Slice another lemon and put these lemon slices on top of the fish.
- Put branzino fish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.