Homemade Bacon Bits (Real Bacon Crumbles)
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Bacon bits improve almost anything… salads, baked potatoes, soups, pizza, the list goes on and one. These homemade bacon bits are more incredible than you can even imagine and will elevate any meal!
Walking through the grocery store, we have all been there. We have a delicious salad in mind and reach for the bacon bits high atop a shelf. Bacon crumbles are universal. They are amazing in so many different dishes that they are hard to resist! With this recipe for homemade bacon bits, you can forget about the packaged bits you find at your local grocer. Making them yourself with real bacon is so easy. With a taste superior to the packaged bacon crumbles you are used to, you’ll be in love with this recipe!
Maybe you are worried that making your own homemade bacon bits is time consuming. Maybe you’re thinking that they won’t last long or will spoil quickly. Not the case! These bacon bits are done in no time and you can store them in your freezer for up to six months! Can you believe it? With only one ingredient and five easy steps, you’ll wonder why you waited too long to start making your bacon bits at home with real bacon!
How To Crumble Bacon With A Food Processor
All you need for this recipe is a pound of bacon. That’s it! After preheating your oven and lining two baking sheets with parchment paper, you’ll lay the bacon slices in a single layer on each sheet. Put the bacon into the oven and bake for fifteen minutes, or until very crisp. Take the bacon out of the over and let it cool. Put the bacon into the food processor and pulse for thirty seconds. You’ll want to use a steel blade for this recipe. That is all there is to it! You now have delicious, mouthwatering Homemade Bacon Crumbles to enjoy.
This recipe makes eight servings so, as I mentioned, a great option is to freeze what you don’t use for another day. It is so nice to be able to pull these out of the freezer and add to my favorite soup on a cold day. Bacon brings a smile to my face any day and these Homemade Bacon Bits are so amazing. Give them a try and you will never go back to store bought bacon bits again! Full of flavor, salty, and savory, these bacon bits are delectable and so simple to make.
If you are a bacon lover, you will also love these easy bacon recipes:
- Crispy Baked Bacon – make a huge batch of crispy bacon strips by baking it in the oven! So much easier than frying bacon!
- Microwave Bacon – if you need to cook just a couple of bacon strips quickly, microwave is your friend!
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – roasted asparagus is wrapped in a crispy bacon, this is a perfect low-carb appetizer!
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple – pieces of pineapple are wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven!
- Bacon Wrapped Dates – another bacon-wrapped creation :) Simply mouthwatering!
- Bacon Chips – yes, these are crispy baked bacon pieces shaped like chips! Dip them in guacamole, yummm!
Homemade Bacon Bits
- 1 lb bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put bacon slices on baking sheets in a single layer.
- Put bacon in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until very crisp.
- Remove bacon from the oven and let cool.
- Tear cooked bacon strips in 4 pieces (you can also cut them with scissors).
- Put bacon strips in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse for 30 seconds, or until bacon is crumbled.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!