Air Fryer Bacon And Egg Toast
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
If you want a ridiculously quick breakfast, then you are going to LOVE making Bacon and Egg Toast in the Air Fryer. It’s so easy and you can have breakfast ready in less than 10 minutes. The toast is toasty, the egg is cooked to a perfect over easy with a runny yolk, and the bacon is soft and delicious.
Making toast with egg and bacon is a great option when you are in a hurry or just want something simple to make. Fold it in half after cooking and dunk it into a bowl of grits or serve with some diced potatoes.
After making air fryer bacon and eggs, I just knew this recipe would be a hit! It’s definitely a must-try to start your morning with a full belly.
Air Fryer Bacon Egg Toast
Such a quick meal. Mornings tend to be hectic when you’re heading out the door to work, dropping kids off, or just starting your day. This is a quick breakfast with little fuss.
Soft bacon goodness. One of my favorite ways to eat bacon is lightly cooked and soft. It’s chewy and delicious. Check out my tips below on how to cook crispy bacon in the air fryer for this egg toast recipe.
Perfectly cooked over easy egg. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE a warm runny yolk egg. This 7-minute egg toast recipe with bacon is cooked perfectly easy and covers the toast in the rich yolk.
How to make bacon egg toast
To make this simple breakfast recipe in the air fryer, you’ll need just 3 ingredients plus salt and pepper to taste.
Bread – use your favorite kind! I like soft wheat or white bread loaf but you could use a hearty multi-grain, too.
Eggs – medium-sized eggs work best for regular size bread slices.
Bacon – thinner sliced bacon will cook up quicker than a thicker cut.
Place a slice of bread into the air fryer basket and use the bottom of a cup or small bowl to create an indention in the bread for the egg to sit.
Then, crack an egg on top of the bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Take a piece of bacon and gently lay it around the egg, on top of the bread.
Return the basket to the air fryer and set it to 380 degrees F. Set the time for 7 minutes to cook.
Once done, remove the basket and use a spatula to pick up the egg bacon toast. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- For crispy bacon, you will need to take an extra step and par-cook it first. To do so, place the bacon in the air fryer basket and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Carefully remove the bacon and set it aside. Then, start assembling the toast and use the precooked bacon in place of raw. It will cook up more done than this recipe calls for.
- Butter the bread. Add more flavor and buttery goodness by adding a thin layer before cooking.
- Crack the egg in a small bowl first. Doing this will make it easier to add the egg to the bread and remove shell pieces in case pieces break off while cracking.
Variations for Breakfast Toast
Make a deliciously perfect breakfast made a little different each time. You can use this recipe as a starting point and get creative with more ingredient additions. Try adding spinach, roasted red peppers, and cheese to the toast before air frying.
The possibilities are endless for making egg toast with bacon in the air fryer!
More Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated and mostly, it’s the one meal a day you want to enjoy and not have to stress about. When you have easy cooking methods and simple ingredients, you’ll be surprised how many tasty breakfast options there are to start your morning off right.
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Fruit and Yogurt
- Banana Oatmeal Bars
- Breakfast Burrito
- French Toast Casserole
Air Fryer Bacon and Egg Toast
- 1 slice bread
- 1 egg
- 1 piece bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Remove the basket and place a slice of bread in the basket.
- Use the bottom of a cup or small bowl to make an indentation for the egg to sit.
- Crack an egg on top of the bread slice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap it around the egg, on top of the toast.
- Set to 380 degrees F for 7 minutes.
- Once done, carefully remove the egg toast from the basket with a spatula.
- The egg is cooked perfectly with a runny yolk and the bacon is a soft cook.
Melanie I happened to watch two other videos on this idea just last week and I like your description the best. I wish people would try soft bacon the way you show it in the pictures because it is fantastic that way. So much more flavor than the typical charred crisp piece of bacon. Great job Melanie!