Cooked to perfection in just twenty minutes, this Instant Pot Octopus is so incredible! Tastes like the grilled octopus from the Greek restaurant!
Whether you want to enjoy this recipe as an appetizer or main dish, you are going to love the taste of this Instant Pot Octopus. It tastes just like the grilled octopus you would order at your favorite restaurant but can be prepared in your own kitchen in no time! It has never been easier to prepare octopus than with your Instant Pot. That handy appliance is a game-changer, especially when it comes to octopus!
If you have not been lucky enough to try octopus previously, this is your chance. No need to track down a Greek restaurant. Using your Instant Pot, this recipe can be any day of the week in your own home with just four ingredients and a few quick, simple steps. Wondering what you need to prepare this Instant Pot Octopus? No need to travel to exotic locations, for this recipe you need only your octopus, a sliced lemon, two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and a cup of water. With these ingredients, you might be thinking, there is no way this recipe is going to match the taste I love. Think again! The Instant Pot saves the day (again) and brings this incredible seafood dish to life!
To prepare this dish, simply put the octopus, half of the sliced lemon, and water into the Instant Pot. After closing the lid and turning the valve to a Sealing position, press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button. Set the timer to fifteen minutes on high pressure. When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release the steam, open the lid, and drain the octopus.
Once drained, slice the octopus into strips (and while you are slicing it, cut off and discard the hard beak in the center of octopus). Looking to step this already amazing recipe up a little? Put the octopus pieces on a baking sheet in a single layer and broil in a pre-heated oven for three minutes. To finish up, put the octopus in a serving dish and squeeze the remaining lemons slices over it. Add in the olive oil and toss until combined. Your Instant Pot Octopus is ready to serve!
Looking at an octopus you might be thinking, there is no way I can manage cooking that at home! With this easy preparation method, no need to fear or avoid the octopus at the seafood counter! Grab two pounds and give this Instant Pot Octopus a try! You are going to fall in love with this easy and delicious dish.
Want the recipe for mango salsa that’s on the plate with octopus on the pic above? Here you go: easy mango salsa. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Octopus
- 2 lbs octopus cleaned
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup water
- Put water, octopus and half of the lemon slices in the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 15 minutes on High pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam, open the lid and drain the octopus.
- Slice the octopus into strips, and while you are slicing it, cut off and discard the hard beak that's in the center of octopus body.
- OPTIONAL STEP: put the octopus pieces on a baking sheet in a single layer and broil in a pre-heated oven for 3 minutes.
- Put the octopus pieces in a serving dish, squeeze the remaining lemon slices over it, add olive oil and toss until combined.
If you like Instant Pot octopus, you can continue your seafood feast with these easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Lobster Tails – have a lobster dinner at home at a fraction of the restaurant price! You need these lobster tails in your life, dipped in melted butter!
- Instant Pot Shrimp – throw a bag of frozen shrimp in the Instant Pot and it’s ready to eat a few minutes later!
- Instant Pot Salmon – super tender mouthwatering salmon made easy thanks to the Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Whole Fish – yes, you can even cook whole fish in the Instant Pot, doesn’t get easier than that!
I have tons of other Instant Pot recipes, not just seafood :) I’ve got chicken, beef, vegetarian, side dishes, and desserts, all made in the Instant Pot, click here to browse all Instant Pot recipes.